Cycling... Anyone here into it?

Weather and work... some more...
Got out for a quickie this afternoon around 3pm in between showers. Haven't ridden for two weeks.
Blasted out to the sports field in Surrey.
On the way I saw some flora. Notice the busy bee about 2 thirds of the way down on the right...

Was surprised to see mixed league flag football...

Another field. This time training for pole vault!

Glad I got out to stretch my legs...

On Saturday night we had our company party celebrating 40 years in business! Great party! After setting up the PA, organizing things, then having fun, and tearing it all down I was pretty tired.
Next morning had a few things to do, but as tired as I was I wanted to take advantage of the great weather.
So... off for a short ride to Mud Bay again...

What a day!

Unbelievably, the Nemesis lakes are completely gone, yay! They must have been pumped out. Can't believe how dry it is now...

What's that Doobie Brothers song again...

Still no ocean!

You lookin' at ME???

Tired, but worth it...

Nice. Nothing that cool I can reach from the house without traveling some high speed auto roads. Gotta throw em on the rack and drive there.

Last edited:
A long time ago (when the earth was green) I was a motorbike enthusiast. Much road and dirt riding.
Then family started, and that was that.
After a while I wanted to get back into 2 wheels, and figured cycling was the thing to do.
Started with this...

Norco Lobos...

Fun machine and I still have it.
Then I got heavy into golf, and that lasted a long time.
After a nasty health issue I became out of shape. When I got that under control I found myself wanting 2 wheels again but figured I needed to start slow and easy, so...

I got an ebike...

A 2019 Giant Fathom E+2. I put a crap ton of KMs on it. I missed having rear suspension and bought this...

A 2021 Giant Stance E+2
So far I've put over 4600 kms on it and I couldn't be happier. Have lost 15lbs and looking forward to more.

Anyone else here cycling?
Doesn't matter if it is electric or acoustic.
Where do you ride? Got any pics?
Why do you ride?
Let's see! :-)
I got this Chinese machine a few years ago shipped and two front spokes were piped through the rim so just got a replacement rim and had everything adjusted by a local bike shop.

IMG_0977.jpeg

So far I just ride locally down streets in bike lanes. I ride because I enjoy it but my fat ass needs to start moving more.

I raced BMX competition as a teen #147 👍 and then motocross 80cc on a comp track but never was good enough to race comp MX. plus my bike when I got it was already 2 years out of date…Suzuki RM80

Fat and old as I get, I still am totally comfortable on a bike. Except for beach bikes and ‘cruisers’. No experience and not muscle memory on those. Mountain bikes are like 20” BMX bikes on steroids

Last edited:
I got this Chinese machine a few years ago shipped and two front spokes were piped through the rim so just got a replacement rim and had everything adjusted by a local bike shop.

View attachment 140344

So far I just ride locally down streets in bike lanes. I ride because I enjoy it but my fat ass needs to start moving more.

I raced BMX competition as a teen #147 👍 and then motocross 80cc on a comp track but never was good enough to race comp MX. plus my bike when I got it was already 2 years out of date…Suzuki RM80

Fat and old as I get, I still am totally comfortable on a bike. Except for beach bikes and ‘cruisers’. No experience and not muscle memory on those. Mountain bikes are like 20” BMX bikes on steroids
That looks like a really nice ride!

View attachment 140344

Nice Disc Brakes on that there bicycle...

That thing doesn't look like it belongs in a bike lane.
It’s overkill for roads but South Florida drivers can turn a street ride into a dirt path detour in a split second. Plus mountain bikes perform and that’s what I like a bike to do. I don’t like to ride those beach cruiser long handlebar types. Sometimes I need to bunny hop a curb and beach bikes just won’t do that.

Forgot about last weekends ride. Same old thing...

Lack of sun and heat though...

Train track overpass, and a look down inside a coal car...

Never seen the road blocked off before...

Way in the background you can just see a recumbent trike. Turns out there were two of them, and both Bosch powered E recumbent trikes! I stopped to talk to them. They had ridden here from Bellingham Washington, and were headed to downtown Vancouver!
Found out the road was closed in three different places in order for a film crew to record a car chase/stunt scene!

Yet another pair of cyclists asked me if I had an air pump, Lol! They were trying to pump up flats, but didn't know to open/unscrew the Presta valve, DOH! Fumpa pump to the rescue again!

Another great day!

Interesting. I knew that a lot of resources went through there but didn't know coal was one of them. And all the traffic is for exporting the stuff. How is yer power generated?

Back