CURRENT EVENTS!

Recent advances in human stem cell-derived brain organoids promise to replicate critical molecular and cellular aspects of learning and memory and possibly aspects of cognition in vitro. Coining the term “organoid intelligence” (OI) to encompass these developments, we present a collaborative program to implement the vision of a multidisciplinary field of OI. This aims to establish OI as a form of genuine biological computing that harnesses brain organoids using scientific and bioengineering advances in an ethically responsible manner.

Snoop Dog, "After much consideration and conversation with my family, I’ve decided to give up smoke, please respect my privacy at this time."

Noooooooo! 😦
Put your motherf*cking hands in the air, put your motherf*cking hands in the air!
One, toe, three and to da fo'
Snoop Dawggy Dogg and Dawctuh Dré is at de do'

When 3D printing was first 'invented' - on of my ex-students built one - cog wheels, string, cobbled together electronics - while working with me. It drove the technical crew mad - taking three days to print a vegas dice sized cube. He eventually moved from the UK to california, started a company - went crazy with it, then went bust as it grew too fast for him to keep up. Then recently he was thinking about the 3D machines that print metal. He had a thought? I wonder if you could 3D print blood - it has iron in it? He now 3D prints veins and arteries for brain surgeons to practice operations on. he goes all over the world talking to the medical folk about it.

That must be a good feeling - inventing something that saves lives!

When 3D printing was first 'invented' - on of my ex-students built one - cog wheels, string, cobbled together electronics - while working with me. It drove the technical crew mad - taking three days to print a vegas dice sized cube. He eventually moved from the UK to california, started a company - went crazy with it, then went bust as it grew too fast for him to keep up. Then recently he was thinking about the 3D machines that print metal. He had a thought? I wonder if you could 3D print blood - it has iron in it? He now 3D prints veins and arteries for brain surgeons to practice operations on. he goes all over the world talking to the medical folk about it.

That must be a good feeling - inventing something that saves lives!
Working as a machinist all my life I made lots of medical equipment that helped save lives. That was probably offset by the amount of weapons materials I made. Like parts for the howitzers now being used in the Ukraine. You can't win em all.

Back