Cujo a friend of mine's sons band and first U.S. release

TAE

All you have is now
I am not a metal head so it's hard for me to have an opinion on this video other than it is not the kind of music I listen to...My friends two sons are in their early 20's...They are half Euro half Chinese genetics..Dad is an 80's white dude rock n roller..Mom is Chinese. They grew up in China and ended up being on Chinese kid TV shows.. They were young celebrities. Both good musicians. In late teens and the last few years they have both toured with top tier big Chinese rock and pop bands all over Asia...multi instrumental players and good players at whatever they play..

So they are wanting to break into the U.S. music market. The video below is their first release for the U.S. doing their own thing which is clearly metal In 2024 I'm not so sure this is the direction they should try to break into the U.S. market with. They are great musicians so they could play any genre..they have the looks, their young and have good pipes...though you wouldn't really know it in this video...( I am not a hater but the growling voice thing is not my jam)

So any ways give it a listen and let me know your thoughts

Not my cup of tea but there are a few nice melodic spots with the vocals in the chorus - such things aren't abundant in this genre. My overall opinion is they sound like all the other bands doing the same music and they are very good at this.

I do enjoy listening to and appreciate the individual performances of their instruments, but not as a whole.

Reactions: TAE
Not my cup of tea
Mine neither.... In this ocean of musicians and talent that exist today I feel like they are barking up the wrong tree to find fame and fortune here in the States but I could be wrong.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not a fan of the vocal style. Clearly they have talent, but I couldn't listen to it for 10 minutes.

I can take it.
I have a triple DVD of the german Waken heavy metal festival, with pretty extreme bands.
Never thought much of the growling vocals, but some of them are creative.
These boys add a chinese flavour to metal.
The slow intro does not actively punch you in the face.

Well I guess they are pretty bad ass players...Their Pops just posted some pictures of a tour they're playing right now where they are hired guns for one of China's top pop performers Zhao Lei.

Holy Shit! In my wildest dreams... Man Kent has to be one proud Papa...Kent's a pretty bad ass player himself.

1710688704810.png

1710688466585.png

1710688575057.png1710688666992.png1710688620894.png

Last edited:
Back