cubase noise problem

scopus

hey guys lately ive been having this pretty noticable vibrating like noise i hear only in my sequencer(cubase 6) whenever i load any kind of plugins. if theres no plugins in the project theres no noise, and also when i mixdown doesnt mixdown the noise. Im not sure if this is a problem with my soundcard or something else, ne ideas?
attached is a sample of the noise recoreded with my phone,
thanks

scope pro pci soundcard,windows 7 64bit, cubase 6 64bit

Attachments

• Noisse.mp3
    103.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
generally when something like that happens to me its either a plugin that is malfunctionning or simply the buffer that is going crazy. Can't help you much if its none of those

generally when something like that happens to me its either a plugin that is malfunctionning or simply the buffer that is going crazy. Can't help you much if its none of those

its not a plugin malfunctioning because it happens on all plugins, n tryed different latency settings with no luck

ne other ideas?
thanks

it sounds like an acoustic noise to me? I don't even fully understand the problem, anyway could it not be that the PCI card is not properly grounded? to me it sounds like a fan noise from a computer or a vibration, is it an acoustic or electronic noise?

Find where the vibration is coming from and stop it. If Cubase is taxing your system and it makes noise, then find the source of the noise. It is not the software.

A loose HDD mount sounds likely to me. Anything that actually moves or has possibility of vibration in your desktop is the culprit. Soundcards and electronics do not vibrate in a way that creates audible sound. Not like that in your audio sample anyway.

Keep us posted as to your findings please. :)

its not an acoustic noise, i hear the sound on my monitors/headphones. It doesnt matter how much the system is taxed, even loading one plugin creates the noise, tried different cables, moving soundcard to another pci slot...no luck
thanks

Last edited:
hey little update, just tested soundcard on a different pc (32bit), and no noise.
returned the card to original computer and noise still there, happens with any plugin.
thoughts?

thanks

I just had a listen.

To me it sounds like a mike picking up a mechanical noise.

Does the noise occur when you disconnect the mike but leave the gain up?

Does the noise occur if you have the gain turned right down.

If you render a file, do you get that noise?

Back