cubase doesn't let me change my sampling rate...

TFunkadelic

In my DAW set up app I can select whatever sample rate I want, I have the clocking set to internal, and when I open cubase SL 3 it automatically changes it back to 44100...It gives me the message "The sampling rate has been changed to 44100khz." How can I get it to take the sample rate I tell it to?

you'll need to change the sample rate in your sound card's settings. your sound card should have included some type of software to access is settings. what sound card or interface are you using?

Tascam FW-1884...sorry, by DAW set up app i meant the control app for the tascam. it's an outboard sound card/daw surface interfaced using firewire. when I chage it on the board, cubase automatically changes it back to 44100.

TFunkadelic said:
In my DAW set up app I can select whatever sample rate I want, I have the clocking set to internal, and when I open cubase SL 3 it automatically changes it back to 44100...It gives me the message "The sampling rate has been changed to 44100khz."

cubase wants you to use 44.1 because it knows your wasting disk space otherwise. :D

seriously, like rapid w said, set your projects sampling rate and all should be good.

Back