cubase 8 saffire pro40 connections

Jones4170

new to forum, new to computer recording, looking for help and this looks like a great site to be part of and maybe get some answers!...recently moved from a Mackie d8b-hdr24 recording setup to Cubase 8 running on a mac mini and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 interface. No problems setting up to record simple guitar/EZdrummer tracks. But I'm now in the process of trying to archive some projects recorded on a Roland VS1680 and I don't seem to be getting the connections correct between the 3. I would like to transfer the 1680 tracks in real time, as this seems the most "comfortable" way for me to do this, as there appears to be no reasonable software solutions available at the moment to convert Roland VS files to .wav files. I have ran the 1680 outputs to the inputs on the Saffire and see signal on the input meters for each track. How do I set up the Saffire MixControl and Cubase to send each individual track to it's own track in Cubase? I would think I should be able to record all 8 tracks at once in real time...look forward to hearing from anyone with answers/advise!
Thanks!

Back