cracked Control PCB ASSY on a 38-8?

MartyMcFly

Hey Yall. I just received a Tascam 38-8 with a cracked "Control PCB ASSY". So Does something like this ever come up on ebay? Or is the machine done? It appears to be the only thing wrong with it. Thanks

Sure, I've seen several PCBs of such nature on eBay in the last while. I've seen a number of 38's damaged from bad packing and some are parted out and sold on eBay. You could fix that PCB but I'm not well versed in that sort of thing.;)

Without seeing a pic of the damage it's a bit hard to say but I definitely wouldn't scrap the pcb without looking into a repair job. I've had need to repair a few pcbs over the years and it's usually nothing that some patience and common sense can't handle.

:cool:

Yeah...it seems to be affecting the play FF Rew and all that. I dont see any of those control assys on ebay but hopefully there will be one soon. Thanks

Fucking shit :eek:.

My approach would be to attempt to get the breaks in the pcb realigned as best as you can and if it was possible, I'd try and get something like Araldite into the breaks as you're repositioning them. Breaks in the copper tracks can be "bridged".......I usually cut the wire tails off resistors for this purpose. Obviously some care is required and you'd need a fine tip on your soldering iron but I think it would be worth considering.

Fucking shit :eek:.

My approach would be to attempt to get the breaks in the pcb realigned as best as you can and if it was possible, I'd try and get something like Araldite into the breaks as you're repositioning them. Breaks in the copper tracks can be "bridged".......I usually cut the wire tails off resistors for this purpose. Obviously some care is required and you'd need a fine tip on your soldering iron but I think it would be worth considering.

Just make sure there are no VCC or GND planes inbetween the layers. This SHOULD be a two sided PC board. If it is, then you can wire the etches back together (both sides) and glue the board cracks. We use Loctite PC board glue. I think it is Loctite 444 adhesive.

If you have VCC amd GRD planes, they may not be a problem unless they break the power or gnd to an IC or other component. It can be fixed, it just depends on how experienced you are with this.

Good Luck!

tascam 38 control pcb

hello

i'm searching for a control pcb for a tascam 38.

does anyone have an offer for me?

many thanks!

steve

Back