CPU issue (i assume)

mcmac74

Hi

I'm using Cockos reapitch to create a couple of additional 'voices' for a small section of a track I'm recording. The issue is that when that section plays, it is horribly distorted. I've read previously that reapitch is CPU intensive so I'm assuming this is the issue? Are there any work arounds or less cpu heavy pitch shift type vst? I'm using a scarlett solo into my Acer laptop.

Cheers
Mark

I've never had an issue when using Reapitch. Disable all but one instance of Reapitch - is it still distorting? If not, then 'render' the track (that locks in the FX), and then disable Reapitch in that track, and mute it, then do the same for the other trakcs using it.

I've never had an issue when using Reapitch. Disable all but one instance of Reapitch - is it still distorting? If not, then 'render' the track (that locks in the FX), and then disable Reapitch in that track, and mute it, then do the same for the other trakcs using it.
Just got back to this and I'm not sure tbh. I've taken the voices using reapitch down to one but now the songs getting distorted when I try to add another synth track (using synth 1 vst). There's two other tracks using that vst without issue. The song currently has 28 tracks recorded with 8 of those mute so I've really no idea what is causing this 🤔

So 'render' the one VST synth track you have to audio, then mute (and turn off the plug-in, otherwise its still taking CPU power). Also - on those 8 muted tracks, do they have VSTs still running on them? DO you have multiple reverbs running?

So 'render' the one VST synth track you have to audio, then mute (and turn off the plug-in, otherwise its still taking CPU power). Also - on those 8 muted tracks, do they have VSTs still running on them? DO you have multiple reverbs running?
Yes the mutes do still have vsts running...I didn't realise that was still a drain on CPU. Cool, I'm working on it today so will have a tinker. Thanks for the pointer 👍

Back