Covid Quarantine Cover - David Bowie's Kooks

Ujn Hunter

Taking a little inspiration from [MENTION=195078]stratmonkee[/MENTION] with my Thread Title here. This was a song that my buddy (Mike Lamb) and I whipped together on short notice as a replacement gift in an annual "Gift Of Music" song fight... he's on a Nashville strung acoustic guitar and I've done the rest... it's a tad too similar to the original in my mind... but I am still pleased with how it turned out... just posting here for your listening pleasure and welcome any comments ya'll may have. Thanks for listening!

Kooks by Ujn Hunter & Friends | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Taking a little inspiration from [MENTION=195078]stratmonkee[/MENTION] with my Thread Title here. This was a song that my buddy (Mike Lamb) and I whipped together on short notice as a replacement gift in an annual "Gift Of Music" song fight... he's on a Nashville strung acoustic guitar and I've done the rest... it's a tad too similar to the original in my mind... but I am still pleased with how it turned out... just posting here for your listening pleasure and welcome any comments ya'll may have. Thanks for listening!

Kooks by Ujn Hunter & Friends | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Love that song and you've made a good fist of it...Good playing but no great distancing from the original..I'd like to hear the vocal more hammed up...have a bit more fun with it ?

Yeah good cover, close to the original. Vocal delivery is good, could maybe benefit from some compression, give them a bit of an edge. There's a dodgy bass note at that change around 2.26. Mix is nice & clear on headphones

Yeah man, great job! Really close to the original, especially vocals! Great song choice, love Hunky Dory album!

This is awesome man. Guitar and piano sound great...lighthearted monkees pop vibe. I would ditch the synth brass around 1:30 and replace with something less corny.

Back