Covid Quarantine Cover - David Bowie's Kooks

Taking a little inspiration from [MENTION=195078]stratmonkee[/MENTION] with my Thread Title here. This was a song that my buddy (Mike Lamb) and I whipped together on short notice as a replacement gift in an annual "Gift Of Music" song fight... he's on a Nashville strung acoustic guitar and I've done the rest... it's a tad too similar to the original in my mind... but I am still pleased with how it turned out... just posting here for your listening pleasure and welcome any comments ya'll may have. Thanks for listening!

Kooks by Ujn Hunter & Friends | Free Listening on SoundCloud

mcmac74

Taking a little inspiration from [MENTION=195078]stratmonkee[/MENTION] with my Thread Title here. This was a song that my buddy (Mike Lamb) and I whipped together on short notice as a replacement gift in an annual "Gift Of Music" song fight... he's on a Nashville strung acoustic guitar and I've done the rest... it's a tad too similar to the original in my mind... but I am still pleased with how it turned out... just posting here for your listening pleasure and welcome any comments ya'll may have. Thanks for listening!

Kooks by Ujn Hunter & Friends | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Love that song and you've made a good fist of it...Good playing but no great distancing from the original..I'd like to hear the vocal more hammed up...have a bit more fun with it ?

Bulls Hit

Yeah good cover, close to the original. Vocal delivery is good, could maybe benefit from some compression, give them a bit of an edge. There's a dodgy bass note at that change around 2.26. Mix is nice & clear on headphones

Stevie_M

This is awesome man. Guitar and piano sound great...lighthearted monkees pop vibe. I would ditch the synth brass around 1:30 and replace with something less corny.