Condenser's not working??

M Havlen

I'm stumped....I mic'd a band using dynamic mic's and a couple of condeser's and all sounded well. Then several weeks later I mic'd the band again, but the condenser mic's no longer worked. Just the condensers?? Everything was running through a yamaha mixer ( with phantom power). I tested the mic's using another power source and they work fine, so i'v established that the mic's themselves are working. So...I thought, it must be a problem with the mixer...but then why would the dynamic mic's work, and not the condensers? I don't get it??? Help...

Possible problem with the phantom power supply on the board...I KNOW this is a stupid question, but did you make sure the phantom power was switched on the 2nd time? If it was, you may want to have the phantom power checked.....the dynamics will work regardless of the phantom power...

My first guess is... the phantom power is not working on your mixer... check to make sure the phantom power is working... the Behringer CT100 cable tester will also test for phantom power.

Thanks guys, I didn't realize that the dynamic's would work even if the PP on the mixer was not working. That's got to be it......the phantom power on the mixer's got a problem..Thanks again.

Back