computer not recognzing m audio fast track pro. help!

ZayRaw

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 , re installed protool 9MP on my lap top. now when i try to run PT about halfway thru loading i get an error message saying "unable to locate hardware. make sure ur hardware is connected and turned on. click ok when ready" My interface is connected the power light is on also my ilok key is connected and showing a green light so i dont what the problem is. Usually when my interface is connected i can surf the web and listen to music thru my speakers but that isnt even working so it has to be some kind of connection issue because my computer isnt recognizing it.. anybody have any idea whats going on? help please

I know this is a bit old but maybe it'll help somebody.I have a fat track pro and a firewire 1814 from maudio.
my everyday laptop is an ancient dell inpiron1525,she's been faithful and never or seldom causes problems so i keep her although I have a mac,at one point when I tried to install the fast track I got the message that it didn't recognize the hardware and I solved it by using asio4all drivers,now it works flawlessly.
And for firewire1814 ,well known for being fussy about chipsets of the firewire card,I can report that the adaptec AUA 3020 firewire usb card works and has the TI chipset.Hope this helps.
I'm a new mew member by the way,hope to learn a lot from you guys .
Aharon

Back