Bouncing from four track to DAW, can only hear mono from M Audio Mobilepre during bounce

James Tree

Hello, I hope I am posting this in the right place. I like to use my computer to mix down from my four track into a stereo mix. I was trying to use my hardware compressor in between the four track and the computer, but I can only hear mono during the bounce from my audio interface. I am mixing from the 4 track in stereo using the line outs on the 4 track, sending that to the compressor inputs 1 and 2 then to the interface. It records in stereo just fine in the DAW, I just can't hear it In stereo during the bounce. Now I can certainly run the signal to my Mackie mixer after the compressor and then to the audio interface so I can monitor everything in stereo, but would prefer to bypass that for the most direct signal. The Mobilepre has a direct monitor button that is pushed in while I'm bouncing but I can only hear in mono, if the button is not pushed in I can't hear anything. This is the case when using the headphones jack as well as the line outs on the interface. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is this just how this interface works? Spent some time trying to Google this with no luck. Thanks for your help!

I had an original Mobile Pre, not the newer version. The software control panel has a stereo/mono option for direct monitoring.

Thanks for your reply. I checked the Mobilepre control panel and the only thing I can change is the latency. I tried to re-download the most recent driver from their website, but it won't download and says it wont support windows 10... I must have downloaded this when I installed it a couple years ago.... its working fine except for the issue I mentioned, and I don't want to risk it not working at all if I reinstall the driver. I think I'll just get some y cables and split the signal to my control room mixer and monitor that way... or maybe its time to ask Santa for a 4 channel interface?

Back