Computer + Mic woes

DeathKnell

Ok heres the problem.. I just got a new computer and microphone (Shure PG57)

And when i try to record i get a constant fuzzy crackling in the background.. now this is weird, because on my old computer i tried this mic and it sounded perfectly fine. And when i plug in my dodgy old $10 mic it sounds fine also without any background fuzziness, which makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with this mic, as it worked perfectly fine on my old computer and in a friends 4 track.

FYI, the soundcard is attached to the motherboard which is an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe, using nForce. Any help because i am totally confused...? i've tried fiddling with the plugs and am 99% sure it is not a problem that has to do with the cords and microphone etc. because it was working fine a few days ago on the old computer.

The problem is most likely the onboard sound card, not mics or cords. In my experience most on-board sound is usually not much good for recording. If you have a separate sound card in your old comp and it worked, put it in the new one, if not then buy a new sound card. The Audiophile 2496 is a great card and can be bought for less than $150.

Yeh.. hmm, i might try plug in the old soundcard sometime and if that definitely was the problem i might get a newer better soundcard for this computer..

Back