Comp. freeze up with Sequoia

P Hallin

Well hello, hello. Haven´t been here in a while. The "new" rep value is a fun addition...
To my problem: I have been using Magix Sequoia for a while and I love most parts of it. But sometimes, and with some songs often, my comp. freezes up and stutter on a few samples and theres nothing I can do except hit the reset button. This most often happens when I have alot of plugs running. But I have happened when NO plugs where running and very few tracks where on. In the former case I cant even bounce the tracks. It freezes in mid calculation. When the playback stutter freeze thing happens the CPU count is never above 50% and the disc rarely even close to it. Is this something to do with Seqouia? (If anybody is using it, it is expensive if your buying it). Or is it my damned soundcard? It' s a Esi Audiotrak Maya44 II. And thats not the most relyable card there is. My comp has a 2,6 Gh CPU and 527 Mb RAM (I know, I know, get more)...

hallin.
re...freezes. if you search under my name ive made many recommendations in the past year.
for example 2 hard drives , and make sure dma is enabled etc.
just search undder my name. further details on your pc would help.

I have two harddrives. One for programs etc and the other audio as it should. And u-dma is on.
Don't know which details other than the ones I statet could help.
Oh, this is intresting: Everytime I start Seq up I have to enable Asio again cuz it says that Asio loading failed when I start playback.

hmm - difficult without being there.
hers what i would do. try another audio msoftware program if you have one or a demo from hitsquad.com. its process of elimination.
if it runs fine then its prolly the way seq'a is configured.
in which case you'd be best to ask seq'a support.
it COULD be your maya drivers. but i dont know.
try this. if you have wdm drivers as an experiment - in seq'a set in preferences for plain jane wdm if you can or whatever plain driver options show for drivers in seq'a. tell me if the plain jane non asio drivers work if you have them showing.
also - whats in your pci slots ? this would help me as well.

Hm, well I tried a few other multi-software and it has never happened there but I haven´t used them as long and pressing as Sq.
I tried wdm earlier but it happened anyway.
Theres nothing except my Maya card in the pci-ports.
Boring that this got to happen. Sq i sooo good. Smart, user-friendly and powerful. Then this... Oh well...

phallin.
if it doesnt happen in other software and also happens in wdm ,
and the fact you were smart with just the sound card in a pci slot.
it has to be some setting in seq'a. thats about all i can suggest.
sorry.
the only other thing i can think of is deinstall seq'a and try a reinstall.
ive seen this clear things up with some software sometimes.
failing that i would talk to seq'a support.
only other thing i can remotely think of is maybe you have some win
feature missing needed by seq'a. maybe it needs something in directx.
you might want to check which version of directx your running via the directx diagnostic tool on your pc and see if that matches your soundcard and multitrack software needs. for example if seq'a needs dirx9 and you only have installed dirx8. this might be an issue. but maybe not.
about all i can think of.

Yes. The support suggest that som versions of directx can cause problems. I have version 9c so its not too old. But probably the other way round.
Thx for the help!

Back