Comp CD for sale at CD Baby!

7string said:
Thanks! That worked great! Good schtuff. Is there a link available for v3?

As soon as there is a v3, I'm sure there will be :D Slack is no longer running the project. I'm not sure who's doing it now, and when the next one is planned for.

Travis

To anyone who has tried to order from CDBaby lately, I appologize that they've been out of stock. I'll be sending more out soon.

ignition is correct, I'm no longer running this project. Somebody else will have to step up and take over.

Question about CD Baby

Do you have to have the 5 CDs to become a member? Can you upload high quality mp3z to them to be sold on iTunes first? I just want to have my CD mastered and good artwork before I attempt CD Baby but I would like to get started.

CD Baby

Hey
I take it this means that CD Baby carries your CD? Is this the cover of your CD or an avatar? I am asking, because I am a Therapeutic StoryTeller and they carry mine too. Is it possible to upload your CD cover image?
Many thanks
CheyWind ;)

What goods ?, Im running a independent label. Just got out the studio theres two trax availble click on the link, Going to drop a cd at the begining of the month, just looking for some support and to network, i got evertything from rappers to producers, im lookin for help too, I work with DIRTY MONEY PROMOTIONS, and DIRTY POCKETS PRODUCTION, We have a studio if you need studio time, You can join our team today,We are always looking for talent, for more info contact me and add me, thanx

Ryan one

can you add your friends to my group, holla back

www.soundclick.com/dirtypocketsproductions

Well. The guy who organised the last one has his own site now. If there is to be a HRComp 3, it will need to be done by folks like us.

If you are really interested in putting one together, or just taking part, start spamming in you favorite forums and see what happens. There are probably a few other people who would be willing to help. If several people can take on different tasks, it becomes a bit easier to do.

And it doesn't matter if you feel your stuff isn't "good enough"
The comp cd is a collection of members music, not a "best of" compilation.
I think on the last one the bar was set at being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 50 posts. Or something like that.
It was a means to keep the spammers off, and make sure real contributing members had a chance to be on if they wanted to.

not a bad idea. I'm curious though, where was the HR's CD sold & who manufactured it, and what other means of marketing was done?

jcmm said:
Well. The guy who organised the last one has his own site now. If there is to be a HRComp 3, it will need to be done by folks like us.

If you are really interested in putting one together, or just taking part, start spamming in you favorite forums and see what happens. There are probably a few other people who would be willing to help. If several people can take on different tasks, it becomes a bit easier to do.

And it doesn't matter if you feel your stuff isn't "good enough"
The comp cd is a collection of members music, not a "best of" compilation.
I think on the last one the bar was set at being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 50 posts. Or something like that.
It was a means to keep the spammers off, and make sure real contributing members had a chance to be on if they wanted to.

I think I feel ready to participate in this. Has anyone picked up the ball? Send me an email or private message. I can't help with funding, but could devote whatever time is needed for promoting, packaging, mastering, etc.

What He Said...

I believe I might have something to offer soon as well.
Maybe we ought to start asking around...
-jimbo

I've got some stuff I'm comfortable with contributing.

Two of my songs are going to be on DirectTV's new series: Project My World, one of those could work.

Back