Comfortable with what i have :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, just grab one of them, and stop the whole back and forth thing. Nothing productive, is coming from any of this.

Anyone else wish this all to end?

Absolutely agree. It's exactly what I've been saying all along. Though if you want to set a 'peaceful precedent' for the forum you manage, you might want to have a word with certain 'members' of this forum on their conduct, which takes things way over the threshold of simply agreeing and disagreeing over technical issues and actually seem to enjoy the act of 'thread wrecking' because I can assure you, that's not what I signed up for, mate.

Absolutely agree. It's exactly what I've been saying all along. Though if you want to set a 'peaceful precedent' for the forum you manage, you might want to have a word with certain 'members' of this forum on their conduct, which takes things way over the threshold of simply agreeing and disagreeing over technical issues and actually seem to enjoy the act of 'thread wrecking' because I can assure you, that's not what I signed up for, mate.

Sigh..

I try to make a peace offering....

Really man, could you just say 'ok' it is time to start over. No quantifying of why, no rebuttal, no explanation...

Just let it go.

Please?

dude ..... what's your problem?
I was defending you and was specifically talking about YOU and no one else than you, and was referring to your post being polite and I didn't refer to anyone else at all.
I wasn't talking about him ..... I was talking about you.

And I don't appreciate the snarky "King Bob' comment when I haven't acted like that at all.
Pay attention to what's written and quit being so defensive that you misread a complimentary post that was clearly about you and insult me over it.

:mad:

BOB I really thought that you were defending CrowsofFritz cause you weren't saying Tascam Man but "you" so many times that I did NOT know you were talking about ME (Tascam Man) LoL sorry sorry sorry:facepalm: and far as the "King Bob"....just a little joke there,and by the way,,,,,what does "Lt. Bob" suppose to mean ?

ahhhh ....... beautiful silence
Ya' know .... that old saying "Ignorance is Bliss"?
They might have be referring to the ignore list.

I use both analogue and digital, DAWS and Hardware

I've never found anyone looking down their noses at anyone on this forum. In fact, people seem genuinely interested in other people's approaches. If someone wrote that thay had produced a song using a tape recorder and one mic and told us that it came out good, I would be interested in that. It's all fun and everyone can learn.

I used an Akai DPS16 for about 5 years on its own and still have it, it still works and I still use it when I am outside of the normal recording environment. I also use it as a great "note-taker".

No one who has used both standalones and DAWS will seriously disagree that DAWS make basic tasks such as editing and adding FX etc so much easier and quicker. That doesn't mean the final product is going to be better. And at the ned of the day, you use what you can afford.

With digital recording packages going for under £300 these days, it is wonderful to know that recording and creating is available to everyone.

I've never found anyone looking down their noses at anyone on this forum. In fact, people seem genuinely interested in other people's approaches. If someone wrote that thay had produced a song using a tape recorder and one mic and told us that it came out good, I would be interested in that. It's all fun and everyone can learn.

I used an Akai DPS16 for about 5 years on its own and still have it, it still works and I still use it when I am outside of the normal recording environment. I also use it as a great "note-taker".

No one who has used both standalones and DAWS will seriously disagree that DAWS make basic tasks such as editing and adding FX etc so much easier and quicker. That doesn't mean the final product is going to be better. And at the ned of the day, you use what you can afford.

With digital recording packages going for under £300 these days, it is wonderful to know that recording and creating is available to everyone.

Great point and analogy acousticvillage but....guys like me that has never used DAWS (and has no desire) at all, it does not make "editing and adding FX etc so much easier and quicker" in fact it would take another whole decade for me to get used of that approach to recording so.....that's why at the moment the "all in one" digital recorder,mixer etc etc is doing just fine for me :eatpopcorn:

Great point and analogy acousticvillage but....guys like me that has never used DAWS (and has no desire) at all, it does not make "editing and adding FX etc so much easier and quicker" in fact it would take another whole decade for me to get used of that approach to recording so.....that's why at the moment the "all in one" digital recorder,mixer etc etc is doing just fine for me :eatpopcorn:

You do use a DAW. Your digital recorder is a Digital Audio Workstation. Just a different kind of computer......still has memory, hard drive, and an operating system.

So by saying you never have or will use one.....you're technically wrong. :thumbs up:

and I'm 62 ...... I don't find 'puters difficult to use nor do I find them confusing. Yes ..... most folks my age say that but I think they just don't want to exert their brains anymore.

The procedures for using a puter to record are pretty much identical to using a standalone or even tape.
The primary reason I don't use one to record is that I have all this gear that I bought thru the years so why spend the money to change?
And I am used to using a mixing board so if I went to 'puter I'd still want a big ol' board simply because I already use one in an intuitive fashion.
But there's nothing about 'puter recording that precludes the use of a mixer and I would have zero problem understanding how to use one and/or set it up.

And my wifey is 61 and just two years ago she started designing websites and is mostly working with Dreamweaver which is hardly the easiest program out there.
She's now getting semi-deep into coding.
Neither of us has a 'puter background.
We got our first 'puter in 1999 about a month before I joined HR.
And wifey never did any work on one until about 2 years ago when she was approaching 60 and, to be honest, she's not that smart.

I just don't buy that crap about "I'm too old to understand this".
Most folks that say that are considerably younger than me...... AFAIC it's just intellectual laziness.
If you truly can't understand a 'puter, when most programs are designed for even kids to be able to just fire it up and go, then you're either don't wanna put more than 5 minutes into it or you are actually dumb.

Last edited:
First of all, I'll just say that you're as guilty as anyone else of stirring up negativity around here. You just do it passive-aggressively.

Having said that, I'll go on record here admitting that I blasted off on you way more than you deserved in the other thread. I haven't gone off on someone like that in a long long time. Unfortunately, yours was the first post I read that morning, and early in the morning is not a good time for me to post something. So, this is an apology for that. I actually think you have a good sense of humor and are probably a good guy. So, again, I'm sorry for being so brutal, it was un-called for.

Having said THAT, I also think that I simply said what many were thinking. Now, it's done so let's move on. I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine.

First of all, I'll just say that you're as guilty as anyone else of stirring up negativity around here. You just do it passive-aggressively.

Having said that, I'll go on record here admitting that I blasted off on you way more than you deserved in the other thread. I haven't gone off on someone like that in a long long time. Unfortunately, yours was the first post I read that morning, and early in the morning is not a good time for me to post something. So, this is an apology for that. I actually think you have a good sense of humor and are probably a good guy. So, again, I'm sorry for being so brutal, it was un-called for.

Having said THAT, I also think that I simply said what many were thinking. Now, it's done so let's move on. I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine.

WHY IS THIS ON MY POST??? :wtf:

and I'm 62 ...... I don't find 'puters difficult to use nor do I find them confusing. Yes ..... most folks my age say that but I think they just don't want to exert their brains anymore.

The procedures for using a puter to record are pretty much identical to using a standalone or even tape.
The primary reason I don't use one to record is that I have all this gear that I bought thru the years so why spend the money to change?
And I am used to using a mixing board so if I went to 'puter I'd still want a big ol' board simply because I already use one in an intuitive fashion.
But there's nothing about 'puter recording that precludes the use of a mixer and I would have zero problem understanding how to use one and/or set it up.

And my wifey is 61 and just two years ago she started designing websites and is mostly working with Dreamweaver which is hardly the easiest program out there.
She's now getting semi-deep into coding.
Neither of us has a 'puter background.
We got our first 'puter in 1999 about a month before I joined HR.
And wifey never did any work on one until about 2 years ago when she was approaching 60 and, to be honest, she's not that smart.

I just don't buy that crap about "I'm too old to understand this".
Most folks that say that are considerably younger than me...... AFAIC it's just intellectual laziness.
If you truly can't understand a 'puter, when most programs are designed for even kids to be able to just fire it up and go, then you're either don't wanna put more than 5 minutes into it or you are actually dumb.

I disagree with that :facepalm:

Sounds to me by being off the original subject and arguing with someone on "my post" you find yourself pretty surperior here....:cursing::spank:
Superior? LOL! :D. Coming from Mr. "MY POST", that's hilarious.

You obviously haven't been paying attention. First of all, I wasn't arguing with anyone, learn how to read. Second of all, this thread is 12 pages long and has gone off topic many times, but I guess you weren't able to read that either. Like I said, get over yourself.

Superior? LOL! :D. Coming from Mr. "MY POST", that's hilarious.

You obviously haven't been paying attention. First of all, I wasn't arguing with anyone, learn how to read. Second of all, this thread is 12 pages long and has gone off topic many times, but I guess you weren't able to read that either. Like I said, get over yourself.

I started the dam Post ROLO so go have your conversations on another post please :eatpopcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back