Comfortable with what i have :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computers with fancy DAW's, stand alone multi-trackers, even stereo reel-to-reel all suck in comparison to the almighty recording power of my early 90's Fisherprice Tape Recorder WITH built in microphone!

View attachment 80066

Editing? Different mics? More effects than you can shake a leg at? Nope. None of that. Just point the mic vaguely in the direction of whatever you want to record and hit play and record at the same time. When you're finished, rewind and listen to your awesome performance on the super high quality built in speaker and then play it to your mum (she'll love it!) and maybe even your Gran (she'll hate it but she loves you so she says she likes it even though she's secretly thinking "This isn't no Elvis!"). Share music with your friends/fan base? No need for fancy websites or social media! It's as simple as popping the tape out of the machine and giving it to your mates, who'll give it to one of their mates, who'll give it to one of their mates and, before you know it, everyone in your primary school (elementary school for those who don't understand the UK's educational system...which, tbf, even i don't fully grasp. I mean, sometimes it's "Primary School" yet sometimes it's "First School", i mean, really, it all gets very confusing!) will be singing your song back at you. Worried about piracy? You should be! the High Sea's are no place for a budding musician!

I ran out of steam, but you get the idea...

Awesome! Where can I can get one? Question is, should I buy new or chance second hand? Since it looks like there's plenty to go wrong on that...

Tbh, i'd look on the second hand market as they updated the design and added some new features all at the price of functionality. Frankly the new one looks awful as well (i know that shouldn't be a deciding factor when buying new gear but come one, look at it, it looks like a steering wheel from a clown car!) If you can find an original '91 version than i'd say grab it with both hands. I wouldn't worry about build quality, i mean, these things are built to be abused by over enthusiastic, heavy handed kids, so even the average musician should have no worries.

Nobody who knows what they're talking about looks down on analogue or stand-alone digital recorders. They're all just tools to help you achieve what you want to do--and whatever you're comfortable with is the right tool for you.

I happen to be one of those who made the transition to a computer DAW but that was down more to circumstances and luck of the draw. Have fun making music and don't worry about how others do it.

Totally agree. It's the end result that's the important thing. I have found that going digital has been more cost effective. I remember in the 80's lusting after an 8 track and mixer and my wife giving me a succinct 'NO' when raising the subject of upgrading my 4 track Tascam Portastudio.

attachment.php

Seriously, whatever that dude's been smoking, I want some.
trust me.....you don't !

Fisherprice

attachment.php
I used to work with kids and back in the early 90s, there was this sharp and sarcastic 9 year old called Taguma that used to call me "Fisherprice". The funny thing was that everybody {myself included} picked up on the weight of sarcasm and insult but it was just so damn funny. It always got a huge hoot from anyone within earshot.

nothing and no reason. Some folks just do NOT have a sense of humor.

Hey Bob,you know dam good and well that this has went beyond "a sense of humor" and I really hope one of the moderaters here reads the way ya'll have been picking at me on the last few pages whenever I had said I was out of here and done with ya'lls bullshit !!!

Your smart ass remark about "you don't want what he smokes" that was un-called for:cursing::eatpopcorn:

It was Dr. V that stated he wants whatever grim was smoking, not vice versa. Grim was being humorous and retorted that he [Dr. V] doesn't want whatever [grim] is smoking.

Hey Bob,you know dam good and well that this has went beyond "a sense of humor" and I really hope one of the moderaters here reads the way ya'll have been picking at me on the last few pages whenever I had said I was out of here and done with ya'lls bullshit !!!

What's your problem, dude? This thread was over and you brought it back with this. Are you a troll?

It was Dr. V that stated he wants whatever grim was smoking, not vice versa. Grim was being humorous and retorted that he [Dr. V] doesn't want whatever [grim] is smoking.

What's your problem, dude? This thread was over and you brought it back with this. Are you a troll?

You are wrong dude, they were talking about me....and now you are calling me a name??!!?! Troll?!?!?

You are wrong dude, they were talking about me....and now you are calling me a name??!!?! Troll?!?!?

Um, ok. Dood, this was a week ago, and nobody is doing anything that you should be pissed about.

Either come back when you are sober, take your meds, or just take a friggen nap. I am not here to keep you stable. You need to do that yourself.

Um, ok. Dood, this was a week ago, and nobody is doing anything that you should be pissed about.

Either come back when you are sober, take your meds, or just take a friggen nap. I am not here to keep you stable. You need to do that yourself.

that's right jimmy and I had thought I ended it 2 weeks before that and then they came back and poked fun at what I said and I don't like that !!!

Um, no. You came back a week later, and make a comment about something that was already dead.

You are drinking right? Please, just let it go man.

Look at the dates on the posts. You are the one who started this shiz again.

Go to bed dood.

:)

Um, no. You came back a week later, and make a comment about something that was already dead.

You are drinking right? Please, just let it go man.

Look at the dates on the posts. You are the one who started this shiz again.

Go to bed dood.

:)

DUDE you are not the owner of this site so bring the moderators in PLEASE :eatpopcorn:

I am a moderator, dood. No, I do not own the site, but you are annoying the hell out of me, and other members. You shall take a break now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back