Clicking and popping

Steve West

Well, I finally got my setup together. I am running 3 ADAT xt20s into a Hammerfall HDSP9652 with firewire to my PC for mixing. One problem, the clicking and popping during playback is unacceptable. Would this be more likely something wrong with my soundcard or PC? The sound card was brand new and so is my PC. I have used various brands of Toslink, so I know that is not the problem. I have also played around with different latency and buffer settings, but no difference. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you found as a fix?

Steve

I use the DIGI9636 along with Sonar 5 SE and I use a DDX3216 as my ADAT interface into the DIGI9636.

I too suffer at times with bad clicks and pops but one thing I've noticed iss that while I'm recording, none of those clicks and pops end up on the recorded tracks.

But they are annoying.

I've seen other topics on this and some say that it may be too low of a latency setting. Mines set to 3ms which is quite low so perhaps I'm pushing it a bit.

I'f you find out more though then please let me know...

andy

The usual cause of clicking and popping is word clock conflicts of some sort. Make sure that all your devices are driven from the same clock, and that your word clock cables are properly terminated.

Back