check 1..2..

What did you use for a bass?

There's a lot going on in this mix...hard to tell what's "real," but it all sounds really good on this end...except the electric guitar lead...that sounds weird.

Oh, and I totally missed any flutes. :D

:D
Bass, a acoutic bass sample.

yeah I know you guys dig guitars, thought I'd throw ya'll a curve ball.

You might Like Stormrider for guitars though..

LOL

T

Smooth captivating instrumental action.
The congas feel scattered, wild, and driving... like the jungle
You go flute to piano, not sure what to expect next...
It's more flute... a lot more... but the melodies are nice throughout.
Definitely an enjoyable listen :cool:

Chris, well, uh she kinda is ;)

Supercreep , thanks for the listen man !!

Thanks for your comments Snake dog, and the add !!

T

Enjoyed it. Tight performance. Flute sounds very good Tonio, as does the percussion. The piano sounds a bit too dry.

That makes 2 Piano too dry OK, actually I love verb, but tried to be conservative. Guess I overdid it:(

Thanks for the listen jmasek & XLR

Ok. This hits pretty close to the center of my musical universe. Very nice composition.

The mix needs some work here. The relentless conga, aux percussion line seem to dominate and wash the backing pads, piano and anything else besides the flute and bass. The verb that you have on the congas seem to box them up around 500hz. I dropped the eq at 500 hz across the entire mix by about 5 db and the whole thing came to life...I could hear the backing pads and the piano seemed to perk up abit too. I'd really look at this this spot in your freq plots. Still, the congas could come down a bit overall.

Nice piece that just needs a little tweak in the mix.:cool:

Thanks for the mix comments Teysha

I tried out Upstereo (widening plug) on the 2buss, to check it out. It was a nice nice, but it does have some eq settings that were very subtle. Seems teh widening sweetness fooled me :eek:
the mp3 conversin did reek havoc on the high end, but no excuses. Will revisit the mix.

Thanks

T

Back