Character of voice overcomes actual vocal talent?

I hereby would like to apologize for having a difference of opinion with the OP. He is right. Only classically trained opera singers should be considered good artists, as all others are merely hacks and anyone who listens to them are not kewl. When a Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Sex Pistols, Frank Zappa, Little Richard, Beatles, Rolling Stones, or James Brown song comes on, I turn it off because it is culturally irrelevant music made by people with imperfect pitch. What is this world coming to? All those talentless hacks should learn how to sing, then maybe someone would take them seriously.

Can you tell your mother to give you a slap? I'm too far away. :thumbs up:

Can you tell your mother to give you a slap? I'm too far away. :thumbs up:

I apologize for not responding to your comment. Domestic violence is not a laughing matter. My mom chased me with a chainsaw for a few hours right before you wrote that, and she took off a few fingers. As I type this, with my bloody nubb, I hope that you could find it in your heart of hearts to repent from your evil ways, join a convent, or a coven, or a barbershop quartet, and do something with your life.

I apologize for not responding to your comment. Domestic violence is not a laughing matter. My mom chased me with a chainsaw for a few hours right before you wrote that, and she took off a few fingers. As I type this, with my bloody nubb, I hope that you could find it in your heart of hearts to repent from your evil ways, join a convent, or a coven, or a barbershop quartet, and do something with your life.

Point of order. I'm not entirely sure a chainsaw counts as domestic violence. Depending on the make and model of the chainsaw, it may have to be consider industrial violence.

I do hope your mother was wearing steel toe caps, a hard hat, ear defenders and a high vis vest when she chopped your fingers off, otherwise health and safety might be after her...

You write like someone who's had humour described to them, but never experienced it themselves. You do humour like Alanis Morissette does irony. :thumbs up:

One kid has guitar face and the other has his hat on backwards - the rest - well they don't get a look in despite any talent because Old Cola Septum is the camera's fav.
I always though Alanis was trying to get people to respond to ironic with iconic because the former is a concept not fully comprehended in the mainland states and the latter is a matter of temporal impermanence now the 24 hr news cycle divine and purports a new icon daily or whenever the "trending" charts are reset.

Steve nicks voice is nothing special, but the songs that her and Lindsey Buckingham have written as a team and also as individuals are special IMO. I love her song "landslide". I also love "go your own way"
Nobody ever bashes Bob Dylans voice and He sounds like a bullfrog with throat cancer

Last edited:
You write like someone who's had humour described to them, but never experienced it themselves. You do humour like Alanis Morissette does irony. :thumbs up:

You write like a typical Australian, all Austrializing with your dumb dumb posts. You are a pee pee face.

You write like a typical Australian, all Austrializing with your dumb dumb posts. You are a pee pee face.

I know you only get to use the internet once a week, but if that's the best you can come up with after all that time to think about it perhaps consider some of the other activities available at your facility.:thumbs up:

I know you only get to use the internet once a week, but if that's the best you can come up with after all that time to think about it perhaps consider some of the other activities available at your facility.:thumbs up:

Armistice - 2
usernameiv - 0

You are my world, Armistice. Take me in your arms: Kiss me. Make me feel like a man, you brute. Anyway, back to recording and being productive. See you guys in another few weeks or so... and remember... NEVER, and I repeat NEVER vote for Donald Trump. God Bless America and goodnight.

Rami, I'd be careful if you cover Rhiannon that you don't strain your voice trying to hit those low notes...

Here I stand, heartbroken. The former cave clowns don't like me. Looks like the end is nigh. No hope... no hope....

Back