Chappers and The Captain

I used to go in Andertons a lot. Saw the Captain there once. Their videos are pretty good - I think I remember from previous discussion that Greg finds Chappers annoying, but I think he comes across as a nice fella.

I like their videos even though I don't want to.

I think I feel the same as you. Its actually hard not to like them 'cos they're clearly just good mates that are having a right laugh and they never really say anything bad or slag anyone off. If they don't like something, they just ignore it or give some constructive critiscism.

When Rob is being a bit more serious in his guitar teaching videos he's actually really helpful too.

I actually got into them 'cos of their reivew of the Korg Miku pedal which was hilarious. Even my mrs enjoyed watching that and she's just learning to play accoustic.

I like that they stay objective and just present the gear as it is, then give their opinions in a seemingly honest light. That Chappers guy noodles way too fucking much though.

I like that they stay objective and just present the gear as it is, then give their opinions in a seemingly honest light. That Chappers guy noodles way too fucking much though.
Yeah, they do seem pretty honest - obviously they select gear that they like to start with or is at least interesting. I am sure that Anderton's sell plenty of shit that they'd never bother reviewing.

When they're jamming I actually prefer Lee's style of playing. Saying that, when Chappers slows down and gets more bluesy he sounds good too.

I suppose, they're often demoing kit for shred noodlers so he tends to do shred noodling.

Back