Changing PCI card

acidrock

GO PACKERS!
I bought a new computer and it has a firewire card in a PCI slot. I want to remove the card because I don't need firewire and put in a UAD-1 card.
My question is, do I need to uninstall any drivers for this before I install the UAD card?

Nope. Unplug away.

Cool ya got UAD!!! :)

You cannot use the latest download. I think the last download/driver compatible with the UAD-1 is 6.1.0

Link Here

I had 3 UAD-1s, I now have 3 UAD solos, my new computer has 3 PCI slots, one with my sound card, I was hoping on using two 1s in conjunction with the three 2s.Are you telling me I can't use 7.2?

Not with the UAD-1's. UAD-1's were not included with any release beyond 6.1.0.

I sold my UAD-1's. I've got one UAD-2 Duo in the Apollo interface. I'm thinking of adding another Duo inside the computer. One Duo does about the same as three UAD-1's, I think.

Not with the UAD-1's. UAD-1's were not included with any release beyond 6.1.0.

I sold my UAD-1's. I've got one UAD-2 Duo in the Apollo interface. I'm thinking of adding another Duo inside the computer. One Duo does about the same as three UAD-1's, I think.

Now that I have a new computer I'm just getting up to date on this stuff. I'll have to see how much this affects me, there's a possibility if I don't need that much power I can ditch the 1s, but I would rather get more miles out of them.

I'm pretty sure a solo is equal to 2½ UAD-1s, depending on the plugs.

I thought about dumping UA altogether because of the cost, but the combination of specials and deals I got on the stuff reeled me back in. Quality isn't cheap.

I seriously don't think you need that much processing power. Your uke stands tall by itself!! But for real, I don't know what kind of projects you're doing, but I think 3 solos is plenty for the average home recording type.

I seriously don't think you need that much processing power. Your uke stands tall by itself!! But for real, I don't know what kind of projects you're doing, but I think 3 solos is plenty for the average home recording type.

A four track cassette has more processing power than I need, but I'm all for excess, it helps compensate for talent. I only record by myself at home, but I love messing around with this stuff.

Anyways,as it turns out three of the plugs I wanted to update (LA2A/1176/Pultec) are non UAD-2 compatible, so I only installed the new cards with 7.2 to demo the plugs and if things don't work out I can always go back in time and install the 1s.

Another reason to hate UA, those bastards not only had a prompt screen offering any three plugs for $399 on registration, they now left the offer open till 9/6. I think I may be going from sleeping on the couch to sleeping in the garage. Blasted Demonware!

Another reason to hate UA, those bastards not only had a prompt screen offering any three plugs for $399 on registration, they now left the offer open till 9/6. I think I may be going from sleeping on the couch to sleeping in the garage. Blasted Demonware!

Demonware... :laughings: Killin me, man. :D

Back