Cash or Credit?

I have a fun cash story that was resolved just today. .

Just over the last 5 days, I cashed a check at Chase Bank for $250 last Friday for a simple couple of ceiling fans for a previous client. Chase charged me $10 to cash it. Simple right?

Come Monday I stop to buy smokes at the corner store and the clerk is concerned about a $50 bill I gave him. Because he knows me, he takes it.

This morning he tells me the bank wouldn't accept it. He taped it to the wall. The tape actually tore the paper. I obviously paid him back and tried to spend it at Home Depot. Nope, its not a real bill. The self check spit it back out.

So I take it back to the bank that gave it to me. They took one look at it and knew it was a fake. But they ran it through their verification machine and it came out as a real $50 bill. The teller remembered cashing my check and giving me the counterfeit $50 so they gave me a new one.

Either it was a really good fake, or I just gave back a bad print from the Denver mint that was possibly worth thousands.

At least I got my $50 back...

I'm sure somehow it is Trumps fault. Dave would agree... LOL
:)

Attachments

• $50 fake back.jpg
    $50 fake back.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
  • $50 fake front.jpg
    $50 fake front.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 2
Gold, meh, maybe. SHTF, I'm thinking sugar. I don't care who you are, everybody loves sugar. Salt wouldn't be a bad one either. Of course you'd have to store it, salt more easily stored than sugar. Booze. Booze would definitely be worth more than, well, gold.

I have a fun cash story that was resolved just today. .

Just over the last 5 days, I cashed a check at Chase Bank for $250 last Friday for a simple couple of ceiling fans for a previous client. Chase charged me $10 to cash it. Simple right?

Come Monday I stop to buy smokes at the corner store and the clerk is concerned about a $50 bill I gave him. Because he knows me, he takes it.

This morning he tells me the bank wouldn't accept it. He taped it to the wall. The tape actually tore the paper. I obviously paid him back and tried to spend it at Home Depot. Nope, its not a real bill. The self check spit it back out.

So I take it back to the bank that gave it to me. They took one look at it and knew it was a fake. But they ran it through their verification machine and it came out as a real $50 bill. The teller remembered cashing my check and giving me the counterfeit $50 so they gave me a new one.

Either it was a really good fake, or I just gave back a bad print from the Denver mint that was possibly worth thousands.

At least I got my $50 back...

I'm sure somehow it is Trumps fault. Dave would agree... LOL
:)
Great ending to a great story!
rofl

Back