can't select midi outputs in sonar 4

willow

when i start up, i get a message to select midi outputs. there is "midi mapper" listed and i highlight it (select it) and enter, then it still says no outputs selected.

i'm on another computer right now, but i think thats an acurate account of what happens.

how do i get this midi thing going?

thanks!

Last edited:
You know, this is something that has plagued me for years and remains with each release of SONAR... I suspect therefore that it's really a driver issue. Do you by some chance have an M-Audio soundcard or MIDI interface?

What happens to me is that it's fine 85% of the time. Then one day I start up SONAR and it says no MIDI outputs are selected. If I reselect them it does no good.

A reboot or two or three later and it's fine again.

Since I rarely do much MIDI recording these days it hasn't bothered me enough to dig in and try to resolve it.

well, i probably don't need it right now either

but, i have a microkorg synth and someone gave me a um-2 interface, but it was too complicated to install, so i was just going to go directly from an amp but then i had a conflict with the crappy stock soundcard. damn.. i can't get this synth going!!

i ordered and am waiting for an 18 ch. firewire mixer. will i be able to use the synth with this some how?

thanks

that's strange because in all my time of using Cakewalk or Sonar I have never had that problem as long as there has been a MIDI device present (and correctly installed) on my PC

Back