can anyone reccomend headphones?

Layla Nahar

Hi there,

I don't have a studio, I'm really just starting on a lot of music production stuff, and I do a lot of my work on the road (cafes etc) on my laptop. I'd like to invest in a good set of headphones. I think they will be enough while I am still learning, and I'd like to make sure I can get something really decent. I'd be willing to go up to $100, but if possible, I'd rather stick to about $75 (the only tip I have so far is that I should choose phones with high voltage)

thanks so much for your help

Layla Nahar said:
(the only tip I have so far is that I should choose phones with high voltage)

I think you mean high 'impedance'.

The Sony's that are in your price range are decent sounding and well enough built to withstand a little abuse.

Look at the Sony headphones here or as an alternative the AKG K240S are less well built these days but still sound good - see them here.

ssscientist said:
I think you mean high 'impedance'.

The Sony's that are in your price range are decent sounding and well enough built to withstand a little abuse.

Look at the Sony headphones here or as an alternative the AKG K240S are less well built these days but still sound good - see them here.

Impedence makes sense - (its a friend of mine who said "voltage")

thanks for the info about the AKGs being less well built than before, and the sony's being a but more rugged. I've been looking at the Sonys, the AKGs and the Senheissers. Sounds like if I spend about 100$ I'll get decent headphones, no matter which I go with.

Yo,

Senheisers all the way!!
Comfortable and great diaphrams.
You might want to look at a straight chord verses
the coil. The coils tend to grab stuff!

RICKQ said:
Yo,

Senheisers all the way!!
Comfortable and great diaphrams.
You might want to look at a straight chord verses
the coil. The coils tend to grab stuff!

Ha! when would I have thunk of that, without buying. (I was thinking about coils, too!)

I'll prolly run out today and get the sennhisers...

:cool: Yo Layla la la la la.....:

I guess nobody but poor old me uses Beyer cans. I have the 250s and 770s.

They run a bit over 100 pezzutos but are comfortable and have good technology.

The others mentioned are also good cans. Your ears will tell you.

Green Hornet :eek: :p :D

Stefan Elmblad said:
The Sennheisers are good, but since I know at least 2 ppl who's gotten tinnitus from them, I place my vote on the Beyer DT770Pro

I'm sure the Beyer's will do the same thing at high decibel levels.

Yes, but I was speaking of a sharp treble, that will damage your ears in the long run. The Beyers have a somewhat rolled off treble in comparison. Also, the guys with tinnitus uses Beyer now to make sure it don't get any worse.

Listening level is another thing altogether, and you can control the amount yourself.

Back