Can anyone put a value on these?

joro

The Pie Guy
Hi drummer dudes.....
I was wondering if any one here might be able to put a value on these.
They have been hanging around for years and I really can't justify keeping them.
There are only 3 but, I think they might be worth a few bucks.
I also have cases and the mounting hardware.
I believe they are from the 70's.....Yamaha Maple Customs.......3 Toms.....I believe they are 10", 12" and 16"
All help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I don't know the value, but I'll tell you one thing. Don't give them away. At the time, Yamaha Maple Custom was considered right up there in quality with the top drums (maybe they still are, I've lost touch with what's out there).

Don't think they're from the 70's, though. Pretty sure it would be mid-80's-ish, but I might be wrong.

*sigh*...................

Thanks man.....I was hoping to sell them but, I really need to find out how much they are worth......

Perhaps enough for a new-used guitar or mando....or acoustic bass........ya know?:guitar:

Have you looked on evilbay or criags list to find drums of kind and get a feel of what they may be worth?

I don't know what they're worth, but I'd guess they're not worth much individually like that. Not many people are going to want those toms unless they already have a yellow Yamaha Maple Custom kit that needs toms. Maybe someone with a studio-only kit would be interested.

And they look smaller than what you described. Just from that pic, I'd guess they were 8", 10" and 14". Measure to make sure. See that mount on the big one? 16" toms don't usually have that. That looks like a stand/rack mounted 14" "floor" tom to me. 16" toms typically have legs.

Hey, at least I tried to help you. :eek:

Thanks man...much appreciated.

Have you looked on evilbay or criags list to find drums of kind and get a feel of what they may be worth?
yes I have but, like Greg says, it is almost all complete kits...

I don't know what they're worth, but I'd guess they're not worth much individually like that. Not many people are going to want those toms unless they already have a yellow Yamaha Maple Custom kit that needs toms. Maybe someone with a studio-only kit would be interested.

And they look smaller than what you described. Just from that pic, I'd guess they were 8", 10" and 14". Measure to make sure. See that mount on the big one? 16" toms don't usually have that. That looks like a stand/rack mounted 14" "floor" tom to me. 16" toms typically have legs.

yes indeed...8", 10" and 14"......good call

Thanks fellas,
I think I will hang on to them and perhaps collect a full kit over time.

Yeah, like Greg says, they certainly won't be easy to sell. But it's the kind of thing that's worthless to most, but will be worth a lot to the few who would be interested.

If possible, I think the best thing to do would be to find a drum shop and leave them there on consignment., and then don't hold your breath, but one day, someone will want them.

You know, come to think of it you, could probably sell those cases in a heart beat ... then sell the drums later to how ever is in need of them. ;)

Yeah, like Greg says, they certainly won't be easy to sell. But it's the kind of thing that's worthless to most, but will be worth a lot to the few who would be interested.

If possible, I think the best thing to do would be to find a drum shop and leave them there on consignment., and then don't hold your breath, but one day, someone will want them.

there are a few good drum shops in Boston so yeah....good idea

Alright $5.50 a drum and that's my final offer.

tempting................:rolleyes:

Back