Cad E 100 mic

Ryann_

I have read nothing but positive reviews on the CAD E 100. I have been thinking of picking one up. Anyone here use this mic, what do you think of it?

an old buddy of mine has one... he loved it and insisted we use it for his trks... the drums were a mpc3000 so no use obviously there but everything else on the disc was recorded with it... and came out well... dont remember what they costed at the time but not bad at all...

I have several of the older ones.
I absolutely love them.
I have kept 3 of them over the years because they are so versatile.
I use them on Drums when I mic them Glyn Johns style. They pick up a nice big kit sound.
They work as an excellent kick mic.
They are my "go to" acoustic guitar mics as well as congas.

They make a good vocal mic for my voice as well.

I keep my eyes open for them all the time.I'd pick up a few more if the price was right.

Ahh that makes sense now.

I have read they are really versatile. I'm picking one up today so I will be able to test it out first hand!

Used to own an E-100 and got some decent use out of it. I prefer the newer M177's that I have now. I own two and they've gotten some good use on acoustic guitar and OH's.

I've wanted an E200 for a long time but I never see one for sale. :(

there is one in a pawn shop that i go to occasionally. i don't think that it has the mount though. that is one huge mic.

i scored an AT4050, and two Unidyne III sm-57s from the same shop last week

there is one in a pawn shop that i go to occasionally. i don't think that it has the mount though. that is one huge mic.

i scored an AT4050, and two Unidyne III sm-57s from the same shop last week

nice score... the e200 didn't come with a shock mount, as i recall. any idea what they're asking for it in that shop?

nice score... the e200 didn't come with a shock mount, as i recall. any idea what they're asking for it in that shop?

no. but if you send me a PM i'll let you know the name of the place. what did those go for originally? when i first saw the mic a while back i just ignored it for some reason. probably because i didn't see any kind of mount with it.

Cad e 100 is the real deal. I have a 414 that rarely gets out of the box the last few years because the e 100 sounds so good on soooooooo many different sources. By far the most versatile condenser I have ever seen. At tne price there is nothing else like it. Very hot output also. One of my most precious pieces of gear. Just get it. You will be impressed. As a matter of fact all Cad mics are pretty good and always cheaper than the competition unless your shopping Chinese mics. Made in USA Coneaut Ohio.

Cad e 100 is the real deal. I have a 414 that rarely gets out of the box the last few years because the e 100 sounds so good on soooooooo many different sources..

well now we'll be questioning your every post... they aint bad but better than a 414??? if ya want i'll see if i can cop this one from my old partner to trade for your 414... i can always use another... which version ya got???

I have read nothing but positive reviews on the CAD E 100. I have been thinking of picking one up. Anyone here use this mic, what do you think of it?

I had the use of an early E-200 prototype for awhile before they went into production. (The E-100 is the single capsule version of the E-200.) The idea was to use a generic medium-size electret capsule and tailor the electronics to emulate the sound a more expensive (read "German or Austrian) large diaphragm microphone. It sounded decent enough and got some of the character they were after. Enough, at least, to warrant going into production and still be useful.

Bringing this post back from the dead! :)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if the new E-100 sounds the same as the new E-100(2) or E100S? Probably not but I am very interested in this.

Also, there's an original E-100 at a local store for $100, but it has no batteries and no bolt for the battery pack. Is there a way I can find the batteries and a bolt for it online? Do you think the original one is a good investment or am I better off going with a newer one?

Thanks!
-Anthony

I got some of the batteries from Radio Shack, I can't remember the exact model, but they were about 8 bucks or so each.

The Original E-100 sounds better to me than the E-100(2).
The newer one (theS Model) is suposed to blow the original to pieces, but is also like $500-600 bucks.

Back