"Burning Time" New Recording

Wow, sounds quite good as all of the tracks I have listened to from you do. Playing is always on point.

Only thing I hear off is some type of disconnect from the drums to the guitars. It just doesn't have that full separation of the drums that drives the tune. Kick drum is the first to tilt my ear as not being the right sample, but I wonder if it could be a room (reverb) thing there.

On second listen I think it is perfect. Hmmm... I would pull my hair out finding anything wrong with this. Honestly I think I should just STFU and say props to you! :)

Thanks Jimmy! Hopefully I don't ruin it when I sing on it :thumbs up:

Yeah, honestly the bass could come way up in my opinion. It is pretty hidden down there. Very tight rhythm and timing overall on this. Nice playing.

Thanks Meursault, bass levels is what I always struggle with the most. All of my listening devices (headphones, mixing monitors, desktop, laptop, and car stereo) are all very different with bass response. Makes it hard to determine exactly where it should be. Especially my car stereo, recently bought a 2016 Prius C, and the stereo is absolutely horrible. Extremely disappointed with it, have to change it eventually or get a new car. I traded a 2012 Honda Fit Sport for the Prius, and the Fit had an awesome stereo that I miss terribly. :facepalm:

Figured I'd do one more new mix of this one, messed with the bass a little. Not compressing it as hard, and brought it up a little in the mix. Tamed the rhythm guitars down just a tad.

Opening day is this weekend for fishing up north, so there won't be anything new from me for a little while, although I'm slowly working on few others. Putting together a game plan to start doing all these vocals on like 6 tunes (this one included, posted most of the others over the last few months). Hopefully I'll be able to get the ball rolling soon.

Newest mix:

Burning Time (Demo) | Johnny Amato

Sounding really good. I can hear the drum changes, the fills and variations. Nice work. Riding the left cymbal halfway through the chorus was a great touch. Don't think that was there before. The only I rewound the track to check again was if the hi-hat plays an extra beat or so before or after drum fills. You can end those pretty early, as if to get ready for the fill. I think the last snare hit, on the beat before the fill, is a good time to take the right hand off the cymbal...you might be letting it go another half beat. Hi-hat is far in the back of the mix, so it's hard to tell, but I think I hear it.

No biggie, and not anything most people will notice. I might even be hearing things, really. Great mix here. Guitar tones especially.

Very tight performances as usual.

Like the chuggy guitars. Very tight sounding. Good grain on the distortion.

Bass might just a weeeee bit loud. Sounds like a low end boost maybe? Gives it a little sterile sound. I'd like something a little warmer. If you can find that low end frequency ringing out (like between 80hz and 120hz) I'd cut it a little.

Lead guitars sound good.

Cymbals are pretty wide. It's like a 30ft wide kit. :)

I think in sounds excellent. Great performances... a lot of energy...Good mix. Nothing to complain about for me.

Nice job man!

Back