Building a dedicated system

let other people buy full retail...

"...let other people buy full retail then buy it out of your local buy and sell cheap for a third the price.
Some people go through a cycle you know. they get this notion to be the next big thing in music and think its easy after watching so much mtv; so they buy a bunch of equipment on credit, overleverage themselves, then get bored once they realise writing and recording songs is just plain old fashioned hard work and constantly trying to improve ones engineering talents and songwriting rather than gear."

Well said, Mr Manning1. They'll soon give up and go buy a set of Tiger Woods clubs so they can take the world of golf by storm.

lpdeluxe said:
Well said, Mr Manning1. They'll soon give up and go buy a set of Tiger Woods clubs so they can take the world of golf by storm.

Come to think of it...Music is the only real thing I've kept all my attention towards no matter what. I am proud of myself for that. Now I'm onto model cars for a hobby. I consider music my life. 'Tis no hobby.

i find that pawn shops sometimes have good shit in them but they almost always ask too much. after heckling them, you may able to get an ok price but they really watch themselves.... a lot of the time they don't even know what the gear does so they think it is worth more than it is.

for me ....music will always be with me. i'll probably be recording till the day before they shove me down. i think we all share a common passion.
the rush one feels taking a germ of an idea and recording it.
no set of golf clubs comes close. our music is all we have really as well as our friends and loved ones.
when my dad departed i was really destroyed (still am) so friends of mine said write a song. so i did. it talks about the cycle of life.
if anyone wants to hear it ....it shows my true emotions about life.
called "the whole of london town is crying" at soundclick.com/bmanning
music just does it for me. its also very therapeutic. i cried a million tears
when i wrote whole of london town. but it helped me get through the devastation of loss.

Back