Budget Combo, is the Epiphone Valve Junior Combo the only real deal...

I need her to play something, anything really, and record it, but to me, the VOX AD15VT seems like it will do fine as a (CHEAP) recording amp for now. Effects can be bypassed, only wish you can do the same for the amp modeling, but hay it will work either way. Goes a lot louder then a 8inch driver...well at least louder then I thought a 8 inch driver could go. I really thought you needed a 10 or a 12. Not that I wouldn't like her to have a 10 or 12 inch driver for her amp :p but I am ok with what we gots for what we paid. Now I just need to figure out the best clean, crunchy, and lead tones for this with her main guitar (agile 2500), and start recording little tid bits and refine the effects/amp modeling as we go along. I know people think amp modeling and digital effects are a sin, but we only paid $140....

And if you don't think guitars/"rock" music belong in a church, try your nearest e-free, or baptist church that plays rocking worship music for their services, you will find them in all countries minus the hard core Muslim countries and maybe China.

SRR - make sure your POD XT is set up to interface to a combo and play around with the POD mic settings - it makes a big difference to the tone ;)

Back