Bubba Watson to paint over Dukes of Hazzard car Confederate flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
the whiners could care less about the slaves Egypt used to build the pyramids.
or the African slaves that were kept in Africa and not sold to the US

I don't need your white-trash talking points here jimi. You're not helping.

---------- Update ----------

You realise the difference between shit that happened 200 or 2000 years ago and the society we live in today don't you?

Do you?

Yes, the US is OK. Because we abolished slavery and fought a fight against ourselves to accomplish that end.
So why then were we bad before we did when even Africa where the slaves came from were keeping slaves?
Hey, if popularity makes it right or wrong, why were we wrong when it was popular?
That's the problem with society. If a million people do the wrong thing, it's still wrong. If one person does the right thing, it's still right. :)
But now, millions of illegals are coming into this country every year...I don't think that makes it right. But history and whiners may prove me wrong.

They weren't wrong at the time. It wasn't wrong. It was the way things were done. No one currently in the south is saying to "bring back slavery!" Southerners have pride in the fact that they fought against a government that tried to dictate their way of life at that time. It didn't work out for them, and they paid the price. I don't know why people celebrate that. Your heart bleeds for the slaves, and you cheer for the ruin of an entire region of the country. The whole episode was bad.

From the little I have read about it I understand that the civil war was a really bitterly fought disaster which was unnecessarily long with a lot of unnecessary death. Its not cheering for the ruin of the country. It seems that the Confederate states rebelled against their country and caused a massive war where over a million people died 'cos they were pissed off about being told what to do by their government, when what they wanted was morally wrong.

Great, so no one is saying bring back slavery. So why the overriding need to fly a flag that is seen as a symbol of slavery?

Yes, the US is OK. Because we abolished slavery and fought a fight against ourselves to accomplish that end.
So why then were we bad before we did when even Africa where the slaves came from were keeping slaves?
Hey, if popularity makes it right or wrong, why were we wrong when it was popular?
That's the problem with society. If a million people do the wrong thing, it's still wrong. If one person does the right thing, it's still right. :)
But now, millions of illegals are coming into this country every year...I don't think that makes it right. But history and whiners may prove me wrong.

I hope millions more come.

From the little I have read about it I understand that the civil war was a really bitterly fought disaster which was unnecessarily long with a lot of unnecessary death. Its not cheering for the ruin of the country. It seems that the Confederate states rebelled against their country and caused a massive war where over a million people died 'cos they were pissed off about being told what to do by their government, when what they wanted was morally wrong.
It wasn't morally wrong at that time. It is now, because society has changed, but back then, again, it's just how things were done. The south simply tried to do the same thing the colonies did from mother england. Being told what to do by a government flies against everything this country was built on, and to this day it's still a sticking point for all people no matter their political or religious inclinations. Gays don't want to be told that they can't marry, while conservatives don't want to be told that they can. No one in any walk of life wants to be told what they can or can't do by their government. Some things we just accept, like speed limits and you can't murder someone, but other things will cause fights.

Great, so no one is saying bring back slavery. So why the overriding need to fly a flag that is seen as a symbol of slavery?

It's only a symbol of slavery for those that want it to be that way their oppositional agenda. It's no more a symbol of slavery than the american flag is a symbol of native american genocide, or the british flag is a symbol of bending over for hitler's cock. It's just a confederate battle flag. It's a piece of the south's history that they still embrace. Not to celebrate slavery, but to just celebrate themselves. A big battle of the Texas independence from Mexico was the Battle of the Alamo. The Alamo was a colossal loss at the hands of an overwhelming Mexican army, but the fight is still celebrated to this day. It's kind of the same with the confederate south. They lost, lost bad, but they celebrate having the balls to fight for themselves.

lol
the whiners could care less about the slaves Egypt used to build the pyramids.
actually quite a few historians don't think they used slaves for the pyramids ..... they buried them in separate marked graves for one thing which would not have been done for slaves ..... it's believed that the workforce was paid workers.

It wasn't morally wrong at that time. It is now, because society has changed, but back then, again, it's just how things were done.
Well, that's the crux of the problem wasn't it. Society and civilisation was changing - the south didn't want to change with it.

Its like the current thing with gays getting married. The gays want to get married, fair enough - get on with it and bum eachother senseless. The conservatives are opposed to it.... why? They're not the gay ones who want to get married.

I hate whiny liberals and I hate closet-bigot conservatives. What category is that? I'm gonna start my own party.
I think it's called normal people who are capable of rational discourse, Greg. Which is why we have mostly managed to avoid insulting eachother and actually just discuss the point in hand.

actually quite a few historians don't think they used slaves for the pyramids ..... they buried them in separate marked graves for one thing which would not have been done for slaves ..... it's believed that the workforce was paid workers.
Was gonna mention that but I didn't think Jimi would understand.

Did you know that it's also thought that the pyramid builders could be promoted and work their way up the ranks becoming (what we'd now call in construction) team leaders and foremen.

Well, that's the crux of the problem wasn't it. Society and civilisation was changing - the south didn't want to change with it.
But it wasn't changing. The north was not trying to be enlightened and progressive. The north didn't want to free the slaves so they could immediately become equal members of society. That's nonsense. The nastiest ghettos of the US were still all up north. Blacks were still marginalized and segregated all across the US well into the 1960s. They were just "free" to be marginalized and segregated.

Its like the current thing with gays getting married. The gays want to get married, fair enough - get on with it and bum eachother senseless. The conservatives are opposed to it.... why? They're not the gay ones who want to get married.

I agree. I have no problem with gays being married. I don't see why anyone would. It's not like gay marriage is a threat to hetero marriage. It's the dumbest debate ever.

BTW, as a clueless conservative, maybe I can give a clue to the whole gay marriage thing:
Most conservatives and all true believing Christians are not opposed to gays living however they want. Hate the sin/love the sinner. Can't figure out the zealots and culters that make people think otherwise.
What most are concerned with is the government's involvement in "marriage" which has always been seen (at least by clueless conservatives) as a God given covenant between a man and a woman before God. Again, we are probably on the losing side and history will record it as being anti-gay, but what the true story is, is we are anti-government-sticking-their-nose-in-where-it-don't-belong.

But it wasn't changing. The north was not trying to be enlightened and progressive. The north didn't want to free the slaves so they could immediately become equal members of society. That's nonsense. The nastiest ghettos of the US were still all up north. Blacks were still marginalized and segregated all across the US well into the 1960s. They were just "free" to be marginalized and segregated.
Come on, mate. You gotta admit that getting abolition was at least a step in the right direction.

I agree. I have no problem with gays being married. I don't see why anyone would. It's not like gay marriage is a threat to hetero marriage. It's the dumbest debate ever.
Yeah, its crazy - the best bit about it is seeing the crazy conservatives completely losing their shit over it.

BTW, as a clueless conservative, maybe I can give a clue to the whole gay marriage thing:
Most conservatives and all true believing Christians are not opposed to gays living however they want. Hate the sin/love the sinner. Can't figure out the zealots and culters that make people think otherwise.
What most are concerned with is the government's involvement in "marriage" which has always been seen (at least by clueless conservatives) as a God given covenant between a man and a woman before God. Again, we are probably on the losing side and history will record it as being anti-gay, but what the true story is, is we are anti-government-sticking-their-nose-in-where-it-don't-belong.

If there is a God, there is a special place in hell for you religious conservatives. :laughings:

It's just a piece of cloth.

A symbol, yeah?

Yeah, a big fat fuck you and the horse you rode in on. As relevant now as much or more so than ever.

Fuck the colonization of the southern states of America by the yankees who are attempting to escape the over taxed, over pc, over shit-holed places they've had a hand in creating up north, only to try and import the same shit South. They never learn. Keep your disingenuous bleeding heart best intentions pave a paradise and put up a (pay to) parking lot ass up north. In short, fuck you.

(pave shit over with pay-to-park so more people can have access and enjoy what nature has to offer, revenue to be allocated to the preservation of natural habitat? :facepalm: )

Funny how the majority of race riots happen up north. No wonder yankee white boy/girl be all like, "Hey, look over/down there, it's a southern slave flag!". It's a distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back