dbz3.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 151
  • dbz2.JPG
    dbz2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 148
  • dbz4.JPG
    dbz4.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 143
Congrats, nice looking instrument. I bought a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 (Black Cherry) for a similar reason and have been delighted with the tonal options it offers. The binding is similar on mine, aside from the areas which sweep into the body on the instrument you have pictured. Mine has the active EMG's similar to the ones ones on your guitar aside from being a 7 string version. Enjoy, looks like a guitar that asks to be played.

Regards

Tim

Nice axe - congrats! What brand ? I'm not familiar with the headstock. Schecter?
The craftsmanship looks top notch and Floyds are nice for tuning (I blocked mine but I don't shred so it's moot).

Nice axe - congrats! What brand ? I'm not familiar with the headstock. Schecter?
The craftsmanship looks top notch and Floyds are nice for tuning (I blocked mine but I don't shred so it's moot).

DBZ. Made/owned by the diamond amps people.

That's a beautiful guitar. The inlay around the binding is not something I would look for in a guitar, but I think it works well with this one.

DBZ. Made/owned by the diamond amps people.

correcto mundo, never heard of them till I bought this one, I use a whammy a lot, not for dive bombing but for more subtle effects, the floyd stays in tune better than any other I have used.

correcto mundo, never heard of them till I bought this one, I use a whammy a lot, not for dive bombing but for more subtle effects, the floyd stays in tune better than any other I have used.

They're based here in Houston. The guitarists in one of my bands is very close with the owner. He's had about 10 DBZ guitars over the past few years, and he uses Diamond amps and cabs exclusively. He gets invited to all of their trade shows and warehouse demos and garage sales and shit. The Dean guy from Dean Guitars was involved for a short time too (the DBZ name), but he bailed or got kicked out of the deal. That's what I've heard anyway. They're guitars tailor made for shred wankers.

Haven't received it yet, will probably replace the pickups with something more suitable to my style, will have to see. I am not a shredder so if the shoe don't fit I can't wear it.

that's really pretty - the wanker in me got a wank-woody

If you want to change the pickups but keep (actually increase) the Houston pedigree, look into Rio Grande pickups - I dig'em

I put EMGs in my wank axe (a genuine 1987 road flare red rg 550) - I think I did it in 1988 after a year of yuck. They were the only thing that could make the guitar not sound asslike. I bet this one sounds a lot better.

Love the finish, and the fretboard has that solid juicy look to it. I suppose they make 7 strings too? I should probably know more about them but I don't

Yeah rio grande pickups are cool! Get a Steamboat amp to go with it and you'll be an honorary Houstonian.

The EMGs in the pic didn't give it away? I know they make passives, but they're not too common in shredder guitars.

I have had some of their pickups that looked the same that were not active so I didn't really give it any thought. I had looked at others and some had and some did not, I figured it would have been in the description if so equipped and it was a bit of a surprise.

Back