Bought another amp

Oooh, that a loud bugger. Heavy too! :-)

In reference to ‘last one’......
Mike Campbell was asked in an interview, “how many guitars do you need”

His answer......... “just one more”

:-)

Oooh, that a loud bugger. Heavy too! :-)

In reference to ‘last one’......
Mike Campbell was asked in an interview, “how many guitars do you need”

His answer......... “just one more”

:-)
this is a 79, I had an older one back in the day, only 45RMS, I think this is the same, not sure, loud enough. It is heavy but not heavier than an Ampeg VT22. When I had the other one I would use both on stage with a splitter, the Pro for clean and the VT22 for da big mofos.

I don't remember it being this heavy. Maybe because I was in my mid twenties when I had the last one, ya think?
It has wheels, so you don't have to carry it all the way home. Looks like someone took real good care of it. Good luck with it!

It has wheels, so you don't have to carry it all the way home. Looks like someone took real good care of it. Good luck with it!
It is in very good shape and has the original Fender cover. The one I had back then was silverface but it didn't have a master volume.

I have to open her up and clean the pots. The master is very scratchy. I should be able to tell if anyone was in there before. There is an extra pair
of 6L6s in the back of the amp I didn't know were there when I bought it. I have a tester, I will test them out. The extra set must be the originals. It says
Fender on the tubes and they are in electro harmonix boxes and it looks like new electro harmonix tubes in the amp.

I have to open her up and clean the pots. The master is very scratchy. I should be able to tell if anyone was in there before. There is an extra pair
of 6L6s in the back of the amp I didn't know were there when I bought it. I have a tester, I will test them out. The extra set must be the originals. It says
Fender on the tubes and they are in electro harmonix boxes and it looks like new electro harmonix tubes in the amp.
Fender Twins use 4 x 6l6 tubes - perhaps they removed two in order to lower the watts - You have a few options - remove the two outside tubes - remove the two inside tubes - remove the first and third -,or remove the second and fourth . The last three methods are my preferred method - not any real reason just that it provides more cooling between the tubes I think - Another thing to note is to reduce the output impedance by half - for example If you are running your amp into a 16-ohm load, reduce the impedance selector to 8-ohm - if they didn't pull tubes then get the spare tubes tested - they may be old tubes or brand new spares.

Fender Twins use 4 x 6l6 tubes - perhaps they removed two in order to lower the watts - You have a few options - remove the two outside tubes - remove the two inside tubes - remove the first and third -,or remove the second and fourth . The last three methods are my preferred method - not any real reason just that it provides more cooling between the tubes I think - Another thing to note is to reduce the output impedance by half - for example If you are running your amp into a 16-ohm load, reduce the impedance selector to 8-ohm - if they didn't pull tubes then get the spare tubes tested - they may be old tubes or brand new spares.
Made me laugh. You might want to take a closer look at the amp, it is not a Twin and only has two 6L6s for output tubes. Good advice if a tube blows during a gig

Last edited:
One Fender tube tested shorted, the other very weak.
Some here might question the point of putting dud valves with an amplifier? Well, this was standard practice in the R&TV servicing trade. We bagged all the components replaced in a product to show the customer that they really had been changed.
With the price of valves now going ever higher I hope honest service personnel will continue the practice?

Dave.

Last one? No such thing. Either your wife is also a member here, or you are unwilling to be honest with yourself about the realities of guitarist, and our quest for the tone. Sweet amp man, enjoy. Nothing quite as fun as plugging straight into a dimed Fender amp.
I am 71, my days are numbered. I am trying to sell amps, you want to buy one.

Pro Reverb,
Im guessing 1974-1976, per the two knobs of eq? ....1977 later there were 3 band eq, right?
The Master volume sets it around 1974.....

this thread got me reading wiki Pro Reverb amps, great piece of gear lore.
need to get out my old Fender -First Fifty book again.... post more pics and some sound samples if you get time!

cool machine, congrats!

Back