Bought another amp

When my wife died 5 years ago I told myself my music days were over. That lasted about a year.............
My music days are not over but I don't need 15 guitars and 10 amps anymore. Never really did, they just started following me home.

Pro Reverb,
Im guessing 1974-1976, per the two knobs of eq? ....1977 later there were 3 band eq, right?
The Master volume sets it around 1974.....

this thread got me reading wiki Pro Reverb amps, great piece of gear lore.
need to get out my old Fender -First Fifty book again.... post more pics and some sound samples if you get time!

cool machine, congrats!
79. I had a 74 in the eighties. My favorite is still the Ampeg VT22 but that might as well be bolted to the floor, I'm not picking one up. If I ever found one cheap enough I might buy it and put it in the studio and never move it again.

I do have a a list amps I would like to get. As far as Fender, I am keeping an eye out for an older Bassman. What do you have?
That would be more like what did I have. As far as what I have now are as follows, Peavey classic 30, Peavey classic 50, peavey Mark IV bass head, Peavey Mark III base head, Ampeg Gemini II, Magnatone M15, Fender Pro Reverb, Kustom K100. What would I use on stage? Classic 30. Why? Except for the Kustom, it is the lightest and easiest to move. I sold an old Bassman head that needed work pretty cheap about 10 years ago. I just didn't have time for it.

Last edited:
I have a Delta Blues which is about the same amp as a Classic 30. I'm pretty fond of it. Very similar to a Blues Jr. I have way too many amps.

I love many of the old tube amps but I've always been a fender guy at heart. Unfortunately my back hates them so I have cleared out much of the heavy gear in favor of newer lighter stuff. I'm 66 and still gig here and there so I need gear I can carry. My newest amp is a Quilter Aviator Cub and I absolutely love this thing and it's only around 20 lbs. It's very Fendery sounding.

My old Guild Thunderbird from the 60s is a beast to carry, about 75lbs and bulky. Over a dozen years ago, I bought this, which is more compact, but still 65 lbs. 2 12" Celestions, and some hefty transformers plus a Mather cabinet means it's solid. However, at this point, I would struggle to carry it out of the basement.

Patriot Amp.jpg

Since then, I picked this one up. It's a 65 Princeton circuit, hand wired with good components. It was built by an amp tech in Asheville NC. Sounds good and it's light enough to be a grab and go.

AA1164 NAD.jpg

Back