Bluesky Monitors

ilikecheese

I bought a pair of powered Bluesky monitors along with a subwoofer for $500 a couple of days ago. I was amazed by the sound clarity I got, and the very reasonable price. I just have to wonder why they aren't a more popular brand.

ilikecheese said:
I bought a pair of powered Bluesky monitors along with a subwoofer for $500 a couple of days ago. I was amazed by the sound clarity I got, and the very reasonable price. I just have to wonder why they aren't a more popular brand.
That's cool - what did you have before, or what are you comparing them against? :)

Also, what are your personal HRTF stats (just kidding - mostly!) :D

ilikecheese said:

where? :confused:

The Media Desk 2.1 set got a really good review in Sound on Sound, however, I took a pair home to try out and they sucked big time. They had way less detail and clarity than even my sucky Alesis M1As!!! The sales reps in the shop had had the same experience and told me so after I turned them down!

However, they're compact and look nice, so I guess some people will buy them.

noisedude said:
The Media Desk 2.1 set got a really good review in Sound on Sound, however, I took a pair home to try out and they sucked big time. They had way less detail and clarity than even my sucky Alesis M1As!!! The sales reps in the shop had had the same experience and told me so after I turned them down!

However, they're compact and look nice, so I guess some people will buy them.

Well, I guess we can't please everybody. But, I can tell you that you are the exception, not the rule. Reviews, sales and user feedback for MediaDesk have been tremendously positive (it has been our most successful product launch in our short history). But thank you for evaluating the system anyway.

To ilikecheese:

With regard to why our product isn't more popular, that is a hard question to answer, because I believe our speakers are very popular (especially in major markets, such as LA, NYC etc). If you visit some other forums, or check out the user stories on our website, you will find many Blue Sky users, including many extremely high profile users (ESPN, Skywalker Sound, Tom Lord-Alge, Talking Heads, Emil Berliner, Paramount Pictures / TV, Roger Sanchez, 5.1 Entertainment, 20th Century Fox - you get the point...). Having said that, when looking at the market place, there are certainly a lot of opportunities for growth out there and our biggest problem has been getting good dealers in all areas. However, it is getting better and better everyday.

Spread the word... :)

Cheers!

Hey man, I took Alesis M1As over the Wharfedales that everyone reckons are miracle machines, so it's fair to say that I hear what I hear ... not necessarily what anyone else does. :)

Like I say, the SOS review was good, which was what prompted me to look at them. Maybe the shop had a bad set in, or something else. I dunno. I could definitely see myself using them in another setting, just not when I wanted the highest accuracy with minimum fuss for my money.

Good luck with your product. You're certainly welcome to send me a set for evaluation if you'd like to change my mind!!! ;)

Nik

Yeah, the 2.1 system is what I got. I was comparing them to some Alesis M1's and a pair of KRK's(not sure of the series) which would have run me about the same price as the 2.1's. Got them at Guitar Center...and I couldn't be more pleased with the sound.

ilikecheese said:
Yeah, the 2.1 system is what I got. I was comparing them to some Alesis M1's and a pair of KRK's(not sure of the series) which would have run me about the same price as the 2.1's. Got them at Guitar Center...and I couldn't be more pleased with the sound.
That's a good piece of info. I used to use the active M1's but the lo-mids on them weren't too good - for my hearing abilities anyway.

kylen said:
That's a good piece of info. I used to use the active M1's but the lo-mids on them weren't too good - for my hearing abilities anyway.
They're not too hot at all - but they were the best of the bunch to my ears. Next stop Genelec Station!!

noisedude said:
They're not too hot at all - but they were the best of the bunch to my ears. Next stop Genelec Station!!
I would have gone with the Genelecs too if I had the $$$.....maybe in a couple of years :rolleyes: .

Back