Blue Jay Drums

guitar ed

Hey, all. Has anyone else (besides moskus) used the Blue Jay Drums soundfont with Sonar? If so, has anyone noticed that the EQ'd Yamaha kick is distorted? This is annoying. The snares are really good, and the toms are good, too, but I had to replace the kicks. I also replaced the hats and the ride cymbals. Everything else sounds like it's recorded pretty good, but I was curious about the distorted kick drums. Thanks

ed

If the kick is distored, then there's a chance the signal is clipping. Turn down the volume or use a compressor. :)

I've had no problems with the "distorted" kick, but then I use a compressor....

I've tried turning down the volume, but it also reduces the volume of all the other drums. . I can still use the natural kicks, but it struck me as odd that there would be distorted sounds in a (normally) commercial soundfont. Maybe it is something on my end, who the heck knows?? I know one thing; I'm learning a lot about Vienna and soundfont construction. I'm actually having fun with it!! That's odd!

ed

You guys know where to find Drums soundfonts that sounds...

BIG...???

I've used GoldDrums & Blue Jay before... however, I need BIGGER drums...

If you know what I'm talkin' about... Rockin' thingee...

And yes, FREE download is preferable... :)

Thank's
;)
Jaymz

The Blue Jay Large Ambient is pretty big to me...and you can always add extra reverb to make it bigger.

For real big ass metal drums go for Drumkit From Hell...

So, yes...to answer your question guitar ed: I bought the whole Sonic Implants drum cd and I'm a very happy customer. And no, I don't encounter any distortion whatsoever.

I dont like the yamaha kits in that package, especially the one with the kick with the "tick" on top. It sounds like a bad clip. I do like the DWmaple gel kit. It can be eq`d really nice, and a compressor fills it out really well. The Gold drums have a similar sound.

The one with the tick mixes AWESOME with a well eq'd (real, perhaps I should just say my :) ) bass. IMHO...

Pedullist said:
The one with the tick mixes AWESOME with a well eq'd (real, perhaps I should just say my :) ) bass. IMHO...

I agree, with the more round tone on your bass reaching closer to it, it keeps the tick from stickin way out over the top of the fat kick. And makes for a fast setup. I guess thats why it`s one of several yamaha options on the kick and snare. I like the dwmaple cause it can be eq`d to sit around or inside the bass but takes a little more time to get it set up.

moskus said:
Drumkit from Hell!

Where can I get Drum Kit From Hell ? is it free downloadable soundfont ? I also need recomendation on -fender like- bass soundfont. I've tried Natural Decaying B-Guitar bass soundfont (42MB) from the soundsite, but need something more. Thanks guys :)

Drumkit From Hell isn't a soundfont, just a bunch of wav's on a CD.

That's why I bought the SonicImplants stuff. They have bass soundfonts too.

Wait a minute, I can sample my Pedulla for you and make a soundfont out of it. What do you mean with 'I need more?'

Pedullist said:
Drumkit From Hell isn't a soundfont, just a bunch of wav's on a CD.

That's why I bought the SonicImplants stuff. They have bass soundfonts too.

Wait a minute, I can sample my Pedulla for you and make a soundfont out of it. What do you mean with 'I need more?'
Well, I mean I don't know much about bass sound :o (I am smurfin piano/keyboard player). I'll go with anything boom boom in my ears. but the bass player in the band kept telling my sequenced midi song is lack of good bass sound. I can't quite explain it well, but he must mean I need more "boop boop" than "dung dung" ( oh yes, I can see now, you're confused, right Pedullist :D ). sounds like something "dry" and crispy finger plucked. All I know he kept saying about fender Jass bass if that helps. what is Pedulla? brand of a good bass I bet? sorry :o I never heard one. Smurfin me :o In the drum side, I'm happy with the one you guys told me in early days (golddrums), but I'd like to hear something new for comparring. Where can I get Blue Jay? I couldn't recall find the one named Blue Jay in the soundsite. Thank you guys :)

ps. smurfin=humble way of stupidity :D

moskus said:
You might want to check the Sonar 2 CD... ;)
But I dind't have Sonar yet :( nor I will have it in near future since I'm happy using Cakewalk PA9. And I found it's not on the CD. Oh, smurfin me, anyway, thanks moskus :)

that's very kind of you, moskus, but looks like I won't have access to complete drum kit instead of hihat & china crash samples there :( unless I buy them complette package. Thanks anyway, moskus :)

Clemie <-- Like freebie things :D

Back