Biggest reason for music biz crash???

Does that include software and plug-ins?

NO! This is a crime, pure and simple. Software and plug-ins take a long time to develop and work on (unlike music :laughings:) so you should pay for it. If you don't have the cash, there is almost always an open source alternative.

NO! This is a crime, pure and simple. Software and plug-ins take a long time to develop and work on (unlike music :laughings:) so you should pay for it. If you don't have the cash, there is almost always an open source alternative.

Sorry, but you can't play both sides like that. I mean, you can, but that makes you a hypocrite. Stealing music and stealing software is no different. Illegal downloads are illegal. I can download a 14,000 dollar waves bundle, or the entire AC/DC discography. They both took a long time to develop. By your logic it's okay to rip-off Angus but not the Waves people? :laughings:

By your logic it's okay to rip-off Angus but not the Waves people? :laughings:

I guess so. That is my warped logic. I don't personally do it (steal music) anymore, because anything can be streamed today, I don't need digital copies of music on my PC anymore. And it's too much work, much easier to stream.

I also believe that is in an artist's interest to give away his music for free. It's the best promotional tool.

I
I also believe that is in an artist's interest to give away his music for free. It's the best promotional tool.

Promotional tool for what? Selling music? Because there's no money in playing live either. I know. I've been doing it for years.

I think if you can create a small cult following you can make a little money selling stickers, patches, t shirts, etc.

I know I get all silly about sporting my favorite band shirt. My favorite new shirt is my Impaled Gore Corpse T. It's real nifty!

but that makes you a hypocrite. Stealing music and stealing software is no different. Illegal downloads are illegal. I can download a 14,000 dollar waves bundle, or the entire AC/DC discography. They both took a long time to develop. By your logic it's okay to rip-off Angus but not the Waves people?

I guess so. That is my warped logic.
Are you for real on this ? I don't know why I'm surprized but I am surprized. It's like the chief of police advocating speeding in built up areas or selling 'soft' drugs to teenagers ! :eek: :D

Last edited:
Back