Better interface needed (currently using Audiobox USB)

I hit my first problems with latency and overflow last week. Working on a mix I never thought would cause the problem. I shut everything down and came back the next morning and it worked fine again. Did the same thing with a different track a few days later, so I turned off the speakers and interface getting ready to save and shut down, but then I figured I still had time, so I'd bounce some tracks and see if I could clear it up. Turned the interface and speakers back on and it worked fine again. :eek: So now if I get that problem again, I know to just shut down the interface and turn it back on. Don't know what's going on there. :confused: Maybe the same thing that makes me have to reboot if I render a song to 88.2 and want to listen to anything else at normal speed. Love my US-1800, but the drivers for the thing seem to be poor (at least in comparison to what I was used to with my M-Audio Firewire.) :D

i had that problem, and discovered it was interference from the internet. it stopped when i switched it off.

I think you mean "... from [my network card]. it stopped when I [disabled it]."

The internet's been up, so I don't think you've managed to switch it off. ;)

It sounds like you may be having some hardware/driver issues. You might want to start a separate thread to determine why turning off the network card resolves other issues experience on the computer [it shouldn't, so you will probably want to figure out the root cause and fix it].

Just an update, did some serious rearranging of the 'studio' space yesterday. The Tascam's flexibility and functionality for my needs total blows me away. I have now retired my mixer AND headphone preamp (which also doubled as a quasi-mixer for my monitors/sub setup). I'm down to actually having a single piece of equipment that interfaces everything for me, for $200! Technology has come a long way. It's insane.

Back