Best Sub $500 2Ch Mic Pre Amp For Vox

I have recently bought an SPL Goldmike 9844 from thomann.de for 395 euros (502$) And I'm loving it.. beats my 'ol behringer crap and focusrite platinum pre's by far..

No compressors, eq's whatever just pre's, and it's a really good price, it is the Mk1 model and I think thomann has the rest of them and are kicking them out at a really good price..

drpfeffer said:
I have recently bought an SPL Goldmike 9844 from thomann.de for 395 euros (502$) And I'm loving it.. beats my 'ol behringer crap and focusrite platinum pre's by far..

No compressors, eq's whatever just pre's, and it's a really good price, it is the Mk1 model and I think thomann has the rest of them and are kicking them out at a really good price..

That GoldMic Pre looks really nice. I might go for it.
It is 411 euros, how much it that in USD?

Robert D said:
Darrin has been very enthusiastic about the Line 6 UX2, and at times, possibly a little over-exuberant in his wording like "200 bucks for 2 channels of Neve...avalon...API...etc". I'm not trying to bust his balls or anything, I'm glad he's happy with his UX2. I'm sure everyone knows that such a claim is like saying "Anteres Mic modeller, 200 bucks for a whole wardrobe of Telefunkens, Neumans, RCAs, etc".

If think it's cute that Darrin likes to talk about his little red toy that I'm sure Behringer will be copying in the not-too-distant future.

I've heard him recommend those $10 per channel Yamaha thingies in the past, too, so I guess his advice can't be all that bad. :D

chessrock said:
If think it's cute that Darrin likes to talk about his little red toy that I'm sure Behringer will be copying in the not-too-distant future.

I've heard him recommend those $10 per channel Yamaha thingies in the past, too, so I guess his advice can't be all that bad. :

I think Behringer already has an U$ 40 ("manley / neve ,... simulator") :D

But,CHESSROCK, if this "little red toy" works like POD line 6 (guitar), I want one! :)

Why would you want to insult the Geffels with a $500 2 ch pre? Don't you know that high end gear gets depressed when connected to "less refined" gear. High end gear is very prejudiced...u know. I think there is a mathematical formula in audio engineering that says the pre must cost at least 80% of the mics value to be truly and harmonically compatible. ;) Seriously, I don't know what to recommend other than what you've already seen. U may have to use the 30 day return policy a few times to find what works for you...and guess what, that may apply when you move up to $1000/channel too. Good luck!

Would the Grace 101's be possibilities?
Maybe too clean for vocals?
I've seen them on eBay at about $300-400 used.
Then, again, are 2 Gefells the best way to go for vocals?

Back