best place to put (for free) both Mp3s and WEBM MP4 in cloud for easy viewing by others

nzausrec

Can you give some recommendations for free place in cloud to put Mp3s and videos (WEBM MP4) in cloud for easy viewing by others. NOT Youtube, FB is not MP3 and poor quality ...

Mp3's soundclick, soundcloud, audiomack, mp3 and videos Reddit I'm sure there are a gazillion other places.. Personally I am totally fine with the audio on FB and Youtube.... If it's good enough for the pros it's good enough for me. The idea for me is to get my music out there for people to hear and enjoy. If the audio quality isn't up to their standards, they can always purchase a high quality version from me. If I want to share a high quality file to some unique "special" person it's easy enough to store it in Google drive and share it from there

What’s wrong with YouTube? Most people use it and are familiar with it. Create a video with a static image or repeating slideshow if you only have audio.

Lots of folks use SoundCloud, and to a lesser degree, SoundClick, for posting just audio.

All sites will do additional compression of your content because bandwidth costs money and “free” means the business is managing costs as well as not trying to push higher quality than the connection supports (in the case of video). Plus the vast majority is listeners are watching/listening on phones or 25-cent earbuds.

As a
What’s wrong with YouTube? Most people use it and are familiar with it. Create a video with a static image or repeating slideshow if you only have audio.

Lots of folks use SoundCloud, and to a lesser degree, SoundClick, for posting just audio.

All sites will do additional compression of your content because bandwidth costs money and “free” means the business is managing costs as well as not trying to push higher quality than the connection supports (in the case of video). Plus the vast majority is listeners are watching/listening on phones or 25-cent earbuds.
totally-blind musician who will do only audio, would I be better off to put a few songs on SoundCloud rather than YouTube? I'm sure that YouTube is more "popular" in terms of people using it than SoundCloud; but I had previously thought that you had to do videos or at least pictures to put files on YouTube. Of course, I may have been misinformed on that matter; perhaps one can place recordings of only audio on YouTube. I don't think I'd use FaceBook, because I get the feeling that FaceBook leans very heavily on pictures. I have received several messages from the FaceBook personnel or automated system asking me to upload a picture of myself to FaceBook, but I have not done so because I would have a problem taking a good picture to put there. Any ideas here would be appreciated; I would prefer using a free system, but I would consider paying a nomina fee for a membership or the like.

SoundCloud is fine for audio. Upload good quality uncompressed files, preferably WAVE. SoundCloud will apply their own compression and you don't want to re-compress audio files if at all possible.

Bandcamp is another option, especially if you want to make your music available for purchase. The buyer can download in any of several formats, including lossy ones like MP3 and lossless ones like FLAC. You can make payment optional, so people can download for free, though there is a limit to the number of free downloads.

Back