Best album in terms of lyrics or allround musically.

best album

I don't mean this in a negative way and I know this is really just for fun, but I think it's, sort of, a fundamentally unanswerable question. There a alot of albums I considers works of brilliance - Jethro Tulls Aqualung, The Wall and I am even partial to the aforementioned Dan Folgelberg's Souvenirs. Used to be addicted to The White Album and Abbey Road. and loads of others that I think that are wonderful - and all for different reasons. I don't want to offend anyone, but I have to say, however moving or profound we may find a given song or album to be, popular music is, at it's core, an entertainment and what qualifies something as good as an entertainment is whether or not you like it. I always really liked The Guess Who - American Woman ( the original) still sounds as cool as the first time I heard it nearly 30 years ago. Is it a work of art? Don't think so. I just think there's a tendency for musicians themselves to glorify what they do. Just gets me in the gut to hear, say, Sinead Oconner talk about the glory of her art.

Not Art???

If it makes you feel something, and was done with the intention to make you feel something, that's art. To dismiss it because it's popular music is wrong. Cole Porter or Beethoven were comparable in popularity to the Eagles or Neil Young.

Also, have you listened to Sinead's Lion and the Cobra?

Jeff

Best albums

some of the best albums I have are:
Nine Days-The Madding Crowd
Gin Blossoms-New Miserable Experience
The Eagles-Hotel Calfornia
Don Henly-Building The Perfect Beast
Anything by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Foo Fighters-There Is Nothing Left to Lose
The Beatles-Rubber Soul
Vertical Horizon-Everything You Want

Back