Behringer Truth monitors

Mip

I'll finally be able to put some money towards some recording gear soon. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Behringer Truth active monitors for my setup, as my budget is going to be fairly low. Since Behringer is generally not thought of as quality equipment, I was just wondering if their monitors are any good?
One of my teachers at SAE used Behringer monitors for a while in his home studio, and of course he said there are FAR better monitors out there, but the Behringers were doing the job for him until he upgraded (to Genelecs i think).
This is for a home studio, but I also want to charge to record people with this setup - so will the Behringer's do until I can afford to upgrade? Any opinions are appreciated.

I Havent tried the Behringers, but If you can get your hands on pair of Yamaha msp5`s. Get em`.

theyre seriously a good bang for the buck, and They`ve gotten very nice reviews.
So if you havent decided yet check em out.

Off topic sorry, but I noticed that you mentioned you attended the SAE college and your location is QLD, did you attend the Brisbane or Byron Bay campus? What did you personally think of the course (I assume you did the sound course)? Next year a friend and I shall be attending the Brisbane campus, so any inside info, tips or advice would be tremendously appreciated. TIA!

Last edited:
i liked the truths next to the krks. the mackies sounded better but not quadroople the price. the behringers are tight sounding. never herd of wharfedales except for a few that had problems.

i walked into a guys studio a couple of weeks ago who had these behringers..

he said the same exact thing blue bear just said.

well.. to be exact he said "i wish i had listened to them before i ordered them, they're not terrible but the bass response is awful"

i never listened to them myself. i've only heard bad things.

I've listened to the Berries side by side with the Wharfes and the truths really don't sound that great. The wharfedales are great for the price. I know some people may have had problems with them, but mine have worked flawlessly. The one thing that you would want to do is run some sweeps through the kevlar speaker on the 8.2 for a while to loosen it up, that will give you a better sound.

Blue Bear Sound said:
...if you think the Behringers are "tight-sounding", then you've never heard good monitors...

Can you suggest a $300 pair that DOES sound as good as the "good monitors" you speak of?

try a search on the behringer's
they're getting a reputation for blowing hi-horns
(aside from sucking)

can't you get a pair of active alesis mkII's for 300$?
i used to own a pair and liked them. (for the price etc...)

I´ve been having a great experience with a pair of Tapco S5´s. My mixes have improved greatly. I would definitely recomend those to anyone, especially as a first pair. Sure, they´re smaller but I work in a quite small room and I don´t do bass heavy mixes.
The Wharfedales are probably even better, the m-audio bx5 too.
But I got a great deal for these Tapcos.

The Berries are suposedly more "hi fi".
But anyway, there´s no such a thing as a perfect cheap monitor. People do great mixes with Yamaha Ns10 because they´re used to them.
So, get to know your monitor and its idiossincracies.
Only by doing so can you achieve good results with any monitor in this price range.

speakerheads

eduleal said:
So, get to know your monitor and its idiossincracies.
Only by doing so can you achieve good results with any monitor

eduleal, right on...i think this piece of your quote..says it all.

BMWerks said it right too about some equipment..."their just tools!!"

IMO as a gearhead tho its fun to try new monitors and read reviews!
and you never know, if a new set of monitors can be more pleasent to your ears & allow you to make better mixes...
and put a smile on your face..f-great!

when will GC start selling Mastering Speakers? damn i saw my first pro-mastering house speaker/room pics on the Studio&Buildings thread the other week..
it was breath taking...tower speakers in a big huge treated room. :)

Last edited:
Yep. I agree 100%
It´s endless fun testing monitors. But, in the end, you have to choose one of them. And there is never a perfect choice.
That is why people like me buy their first monitors and never stop looking for new ones. =)) Just for the fun of doing it

Cheers

Back