Behringer Q1204USB mixer to Reaper via USB

Eric V

Inquiring mind wants to know
I have a Behringer Q1204 USB connected to my laptop via the included USB cable, and am not sure how to enable the mixer to record into Reaper. Such as the USB/2-tr button. Should that be in or out. I'm missing something. I got it to work with the Scarlet, but if I take the interface out, and directly connect the mixer with the laptop, Reaper shows like it's playing but no audio is coming out of the speakers (yes the mains speaker sliders were up and set to 0. What is the USB/2-tr button for? I assumed that allowed the mixer to "hear" the signal coming from Reaper on my laptop. The problem is Reaper shows all green bars like the audio is being sent to the mixer but no audio is coming out of the main speakers. Am I correct in assuming I can record this way, or do I still need to hook up my Scarlet 4i4 audio interface?

Cables connected to the mixer are two balanced XLR cables from the main outputs to the powered monitors. An included USB cable hooked up between the mixer and laptop, and several mics and instruments. And the power cable. Thanks in advance for any help.

THere are two options available.

If Reaper is playing ok, but you are not hearing it via the mixer, the first thing to check is Reaper's audio settings to make sure that USB is slected as the output device. It's possible that Reaper is playing throgh the laptop's own audio.

If the Behri USB is selected as an audio device, then to hear it you can either:

1 Press the red '2-trk/USB to main' button. Laptop's out put will then be directed monitors via the main outputs.

or:

2 Press the red '2-trk/USB' button, This will send the laptop's output to the 'Phones Ctrl Room" output. You will hear the ouptu in headphones, and if you hook up the speaers to the control room outputs, you will get audio through them as well.

THere are two options available.

If Reaper is playing ok, but you are not hearing it via the mixer, the first thing to check is Reaper's audio settings to make sure that USB is slected as the output device. It's possible that Reaper is playing throgh the laptop's own audio.

If the Behri USB is selected as an audio device, then to hear it you can either:

1 Press the red '2-trk/USB to main' button. Laptop's out put will then be directed monitors via the main outputs.

or:

2 Press the red '2-trk/USB' button, This will send the laptop's output to the 'Phones Ctrl Room" output. You will hear the ouptu in headphones, and if you hook up the speaers to the control room outputs, you will get audio through them as well.
Thank you Gecko, I'll give it another try. I appreciate the info.

Back