Behringer DDX3216 Digi Mixing Console?

happs01

Ok Behringer bashers,

Everyone seems to hate ANALOGUE Behringer mixers, but what are the comments when applied to their new DDX3216? I have not found many user reviews on this. Crosstalk, mic preamps, etc, etc.? I was first looking into a Mackie VLZ mixer, but if I can go digital at the Behringer price, if the sound is comparable to the Mackie VLZ series or better, I will.

Thanks

Can I get a reply from someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY USED this mixer and not just cheezy, general bashing.

Thanks

happs01 said:
Can I get a reply from someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY USED this mixer and not just cheezy, general bashing.

Thanks

I have been using one now for 3 months using the ADAT interface to connect to my HD24 HD recorder.

The Ergonomics are superb and the sound quality is WAY above what you we expect for the price.

Read the SOS review for an unbiased opinion.

P.S. It is also built like a "Brick Shithouse"

darrin_h2000 said:
Mr. Q hates Behringer products so bad that he bought one of each. Just to keep them out of our hands. [/QUOTE

Yo' darrin, I don't hate Behringer gear at all!
Just their ANALOG mixers!!!

Just a guess but...

There was a Woody Allen line about Those that can't do teach and those that can't teach teach gym. Maybe (and here comes the guess) relevant to this site in general, those than can't do become equipment critics. Just a thought. Fuck the damn equipment comparisons. Its all about budget and use. Make the most of what is in your budget and it is good. That's all. Now, get back to making music and the hell with Analogue vs Digital vs Mackie v Behringer vs. SSL vs. Neuman vs. dbx vs. Korg/Yamaha/Roland vs. Tascam vs. Alesis etc. etc. I mean, doesnt this stuff ever get to seeming just a bit shallow. I like cool equipment as much as the next guy.gal but...there is always a limit. Why can't Behringer equipment be good for what it is. If it helps someone on a tight budget get his music down and heard, who knows, next year he may be bying himself a state-of-the-art digital studio to make all you cats drool from the HIT TUNES HE RECORDED WHILE THE REST OF Y'ALL WERE BUSY BASHING BEHRINGER FOR LACK OF ANYTHING BETTER TO SAY. And now, I will retreate to making some music to return again in the future................

AMEN! ....thank you sensei, for your wise words.... I appriciate someone who can cut through the bull

grasshopper

and thanks wilkee, I have read the SOS user review. Thanks for another opinion. Brum forever! (my fam is from Smethwick)

Re: Just a guess but...

PhilMckracken said:
There was a Woody Allen line about Those that can't do teach and those that can't teach teach gym. Maybe (and here comes the guess) relevant to this site in general, those than can't do become equipment critics. Just a thought. Fuck the damn equipment comparisons. Its all about budget and use. Make the most of what is in your budget and it is good. That's all. Now, get back to making music and the hell with Analogue vs Digital vs Mackie v Behringer vs. SSL vs. Neuman vs. dbx vs. Korg/Yamaha/Roland vs. Tascam vs. Alesis etc. etc. I mean, doesnt this stuff ever get to seeming just a bit shallow. I like cool equipment as much as the next guy.gal but...there is always a limit. Why can't Behringer equipment be good for what it is. If it helps someone on a tight budget get his music down and heard, who knows, next year he may be bying himself a state-of-the-art digital studio to make all you cats drool from the HIT TUNES HE RECORDED WHILE THE REST OF Y'ALL WERE BUSY BASHING BEHRINGER FOR LACK OF ANYTHING BETTER TO SAY. And now, I will retreate to making some music to return again in the future................

If that's the case, why not just make a "HIT" record on a Tascam
MK414 cassette recorder while monitoring on some Samsung
bookshelf speakers using a Radio Whack Karaoke mic and save REAL DOLLARS!!!! I'm all for working within your budget,but there
are times that one must sacrifice $$$ for quality even at mid-level!
I am no Behringer Basher!!! I own several pieces of their outboard gear! I am only a BEHRINGER (sucks)MIXER BASHER!!! I only try to warn the masses of it's inferiority!! I believe,for a
few $$$ more,invest in a mixer that will provide you both in quality
and reliable Customer Service than Behringer(sucks)mixers do!

So take a lil time and do an A/B/C comparison b-4 investing in one!

D@mn! I promised myself that I would stay away from any and all "BEHRINGER MIXER" threads and here I am again!!! Sorry!
Go and waste your hard-earned dollars on the "WORST MIXER EVER MADE by MANKIND!!!!"

'Nuff said!

I leave U all in peace!

My last post was just being sarcastic, I know you have alot of behringer gear from reading some of your posts.

The truth is that some of thier stuff kicks ass to the core. Like the VX2000, Ultradyne pro,etc...

Sure you can buy the really expensive stuff but most of the time Behringer will be competing at that level at about 1/4 the cost.

I love my behringer gear.:D

By the way, Phonic,Samson,Nady all make Mixers that make Behringers look like SSLs.

You really can do alot worse than Behringer.

But the original question was "but can I go digital at the Behringer price"

And in my humble opinion base on experience given that I bought one on the suckers with my own money is YES.

FWIW I also use the mixer with a local rock band that does Pubs & Clubs in the West Midlands and the comments made by punters & muso's alike have all been positive.

The mixer itself is a dream to use and I now leave my rack of FX and Comps back at home.

If I ever find out how to stick MP3.s on the net I will supply some examples of Live recordings I have made with the Beh and an Alesis HD24.

I think this combination is the "Dogs Bollocks" and would be difficult to beat anywher near the price and the big thing is "it is not a compromise" they produce quality results.

Last edited:
wilkee said:

If I ever find out how to stick MP3.s on the net I will supply some examples of Live recordings I have made with the Beh and an Alesis HD24.

Let me ask my wife how to do that!! Just like you, I have absolutely no clue on how to post an MP3!!!:D

My wif-ee does all my posting for me!!

I'm a compooter wuss!!!

MISTERQCUE said:

My wif-ee does all my posting for me!!

Jeez, my wife might find all the pictures I use for anatomical research. Best to leave them in the dark?

But seriously any help on posting MP3s would be appreciated.

Back