Beginner Software

Greg Curtis

I'm new at this recording thing & was wondering how good Music Creator 5 would be for me. I only record myself playing guitar along with a drum machine with bass tracks. I have a PC running the new Intel i7 processor, Soundblaster Xfi Titanium card & 12g of Ram with tons of storage. Would I be better off with this software or moving up to something I won't outgrow too easily. Also what other gear would I need like a mixer or DAW interface. Thanks!

Greg,

I think it's a matter of cost. It usually is for most people. If you're looking at a DAW program that only costs $100.00, then who cares if you outgrow it.

Most programs cost a bit more. I use Sonar 6 PE, which cost me about $600.00.

It has a lot of plug-ins and VSTs, but the thing I like the best is the editing features. You can automate a lot of things in the mix. Vary the verb and panning and a ton of other things on the fly.

After you buy a program, you will need an interface. I use the Presonus Firebox (about $300.00).

Now, if you plunk down $900.00 for a DAW and interface, I promise you won't outgrow it anytime soon.

HTH

Wig:)

You need an audio interface with 4 inputs if you don't want to outgrow it within the first year.
Choose one DAW software program and stick with it until you know what you are doing. Kristal Audio Engine is free and similar to many of the other DAWs.
Also has a helpful forum.

depends what your comparing it with....on the same level they are much the same...the more expensive have more features, effects, instruments...

look for what you need, and that you wont outgrow too quickly then compare the add ons and see what gives you the best value for your needs...is all a much of a muchness Im afraid

Remember most have fully functioning demos so you dont really have anything to lose

Back