beginner.. Piano roll..instruments..drums on 10.. what next??

womoma said:
yeah Ill probably have a look at Home Studio but Ill have to sort out some demos first to make sure I can get sound. I gotta sort out a decent sound card for myself some time

You need three basics in recording:

Decent sequencer software
Decent soundcard
Decent monitors

Good luck ;)

set the synth to record on ur soundcard and arm the empty audio track. then hit record. should go without a hitch, let me know otherwise.

cheers dude
i recorded my MIDIs and now I can put kool audio affects on them, Ive also learned how to record from a mic str8 into cakewalk which is pretty kool.
reverb on my shit singing makes me sound like depeche mode- i love that.

Next question is. and i appreciate any help....

Until I get a new soundcard, whats a good way of getting new instruments?
Fx on midi sounds?
programme some samples? [e.g. electric guitar C, E, G]
softsynths?
any other ideas???

also some general music questions..

do people usually start making a tune with a beat or a melody or a bassline? does it matter?? should we have some sort of inspiration before we start?

why cant guitar players keep time?
why do they say they can?

what instruments / equipment do Air use?

how best can i make guitar MIDIs sound more natural?

and finally and importantly-
anyone know how to make nice natulral sounding shakers in cakewalk PA9, or anywhere with a good selection of shaker samples [which i can programme into the excellent 'hammerhead']??

TIA
mobius

how best can i make guitar MIDIs sound more natural?

what I do is use 2,3 & 4 sounds to make midi Guitar sounds Like:
Electric Guitar (Muted)
Lead 1 ( Square)
Pad 3 ( Polysynth)
add salt and then mix to taste :D

womoma said:
aehahehamm....ehh....

any1?

Here's a tip...don't come here and ask 10+ questions in one post that are not cakewalk specific. ;)

I especially resent the remark about guitarists not keeping time....its all the other band members that have the problem, keeping up with our musical genius :p :D

Back