BASF LH-R/SPR 50 any good?

WarmJetGuitar

Hey there!
Any of you people have experience with some old formulation BASF tape? It's called either LH-R, SPR50 or both?
I found it as half inch for a ridicously low price. I don't mind if it is a +3 tape, saturation has its uses for certain kinds of music. What I do mind if it's SSS, is lacking high frequency or something along these lines. I suppose the format rules out it being voice logging tape?
Never tried a shitty BASF product but you never know.
Could hardly find any info on this tape.

JP, you're like a human encloypedia regarding these things - thanks comrade :-)
What does all these things with "remanent sat. flux" and nwb mean? It's related to how you calibrate a machine right? Can these be translated to terms as +3, 6+, etc. as for bias? Anything a not-as-technically minded guy as I can understand?

JP, you're like a human encloypedia regarding these things - thanks comrade :-)
What does all these things with "remanent sat. flux" and nwb mean? It's related to how you calibrate a machine right? Can these be translated to terms as +3, 6+, etc. as for bias? Anything a not-as-technically minded guy as I can understand?

I don't know what 'remnant saturation flux' is about, but nWb/m is nanoWebers per metre and AFAIK, an amount of magnetism as recorded on the tape. And yes... 0 is 185 nWb/m, +3 is 250, +6 is 370 and +9 is 520, figures you may have seen bandied around on the forum.

Since the numbers quoted are much bigger I wonder if it's the absolute maximum values the tape can absorb? That's just a guess, though.

Back