Banned So Many Times

Let's not forget that no matter how many times Trump and other Republicans say "we're not touching pre-existing conditions." Liberals still yell that they will. It's bizarre and as insane as killing for Jesus. But, you do realize way back then it was a different time. I'm asking seriously, you do realize that?

Trump lied to his first wife. Trump lied to his second wife. Trump lied to his third wife. But you still think Trump is honest to you. Wow.

Trump's lawyers are fighting in court, as I type, to destroy your pre-existing conditions coverage. And he hasn't proposed any alternatives. From 2016 to 2018, Republicans controlled the House, the Senate, the White House, and the Courts. They did not pass a law covering pre-existing conditions. They easily could have. If the Affordable Care Act falls, your pre-existing coverage is gone.

Trump has claimed nearly 100 times since he took office that he will “always protect people with preexisting conditions,” but the legal brief filed by the Justice Department last week belies the president’s claim. It says point blank that the entire Affordable Care Act — including its coverage guarantee for people with preexisting conditions — “must fall.”

You realize Trump controls the Justice Department right? You realize Obama's justice department did not fight this fight, right? You realize Trump's justice department could have fought only the provisions of the ACA that you don't like, right? But instead Trump is behind the scenes deliberately choosing to destroy your pre-existing conditions coverage along with everything else.

You've been taken for a ride. The New York City slicker dupes the simple folk, yet again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ys-protect-those-with-preexisting-conditions/

Last edited:
This is exactly what us foreigners see at the moment - two distinctly different groups, each with absolutely solid and evidenced opinion that they are right. We never see this kind of split in our politics. We tend to agree to like 'most' of our selected parties manifesto and strategy. However, we usually agree that our own parties are wrong own many things, just less wrong than the opposition! The US seems now to have a huge chasm down the middle, with people moving away from centre to the extremes.

I wouldn't dream of commenting on specifics because us Brits know little of American politics - hell, I had to Google to find out if Trump was Democrats or Republican!

To the distant observer, the country is disintegrating fast. The stability and respect is declining visibly from outside. That's what we see at a distance. I hope you can sort it.

Adolf Hitler was actually very good for most Germans.
Dude OY! recently I have seen a lot of the lefties compare the Donald to Hitler and it is a really ignorant uniformed comparison. You defending ol Adolph to defend Mr. T's actions is like saying Charlie Manson wasn't all bad,...... he put a roof over the head of his followers...ugh...Hiltler was a fucked up evil soul who ordered the genocide of over 6 million Jews and was the cause of deaths of millions of others...Not the poster child you might want to use when defending the Donald..

That comparison disgust me and when some fool starts comparing T to that piece of shit I realize I am better off talking to wall...conversation is over.

Maybe the politics and religion rules most forums have are actually a good idea - remember the chasm? It's getting bigger every day. of course you have your opinions, and are entitled to them, but the anger and determination there is only one answer is getting stronger. The one good thing here is that we can have diametrically posed views here and still be friends. This is clearly changing in America.

Dude OY! recently I have seen a lot of the lefties compare the Donald to Hitler and it is a really ignorant uniformed comparison. You defending ol Adolph to defend Mr. T's actions is like saying Charlie Manson wasn't all bad,...... he put a roof over the head of his followers...ugh...Hiltler was a fucked up evil soul who ordered the genocide of over 6 million Jews and was the cause of deaths of millions of others...Not the poster child you might want to use when defending the Donald..

That comparison disgust me and when some fool starts comparing T to that piece of shit I realize I am better off talking to wall...conversation is over.

Yeah see your point. Wasnt meant to be like that. Clumsy.

Holy crap...
When I left USA to live in Canada everyone was an American.
Now everyone gets labelled as either a far right Trump humper, or a far lefty wingnut.
Looking across the border now is a horrifying view. Seriously.
Arguing about stupid bullshit while your house is burning down.
Please get your shit back together and fight in unison (like you used to) against this virus, and foreign meddling in your elections.
I'm a small "c" conservative. If I were still in the States I'd likely be a Republican.

As a Canadian, I cannot help but apologize if anyone finds my view insulting. I don't mean to be that way, but as an American I want to be proud of where I was born again.

Trump lied to his first wife. Trump lied to his second wife. Trump lied to his third wife. But you still think Trump is honest to you. Wow.

Trump's lawyers are fighting in court, as I type, to destroy your pre-existing conditions coverage. And he hasn't proposed any alternatives. From 2016 to 2018, Republicans controlled the House, the Senate, the White House, and the Courts. They did not pass a law covering pre-existing conditions. They easily could have. If the Affordable Care Act falls, your pre-existing coverage is gone.

You realize Trump controls the Justice Department right? You realize Obama's justice department did not fight this fight, right? You realize Trump's justice department could have fought only the provisions of the ACA that you don't like, right? But instead Trump is behind the scenes deliberately choosing to destroy your pre-existing conditions coverage along with everything else.

You've been taken for a ride. The New York City slicker dupes the simple folk, yet again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ys-protect-those-with-preexisting-conditions/

Wow. Trump LIED to his wives. Who would have thought! Oh My God. He's also a GREEDY, SELF-CENTERED Businessman. Who has lied throughout his life about EVERYTHING.

What hasn't he lied about? The things he's said he would do if elected President. He can't force congress and the house to commit to Bills. He had meetings those years and the Tea Party Republicans couldn't get on board with the Moderate Republicans on healthcare. That's not Trump's fault. Unlike Obama who LIED "Lower prices and Affordable Healthcare for all". When Obamacare fails, it lays solely on Obama's shoulders, this is his pile of lying-shit.

Yes. (read that with a lot of sarcasm) Trump has been breaking laws, demanding "His" Justice Department do evil deeds that can't be proven. But, hey how's the Russia investigation going?

A prime example of the Left's INSANITY is the Russian conspiracy. THE DEMS and CLINTON hired a UK agent to dig up dirt on Trump. That UK agent got the dirt from RUSSIA. So, it's the Dems who conspired with the Russians to stop Trump. But, CNN and MSNBC will swear to this day as I'm sure Ibleedburgundy that it was Trump and the Russians all along. The Dems never had ANYTHING to do with them. Yes, they admit they paid for what's known as the RUSSIAN Dossier. But, that's DIFFERENT. That's Dems pushing bullshit, it doesn't count. They consistently push bullshit.

If I remember correctly, shouldn't Putin be living the White House by now? Because CNN and MSNBC swore to it. Of course the Stock Market was suppose to crash the morning Trump took office. I think it rose a few hundred points.

Most successful economy the US has seen in 60 years. The hilarious part is, Dems who used parameters to deem Obama the greatest economic President, balk at the use of the same parameters that prove Trump's economy is overly successful. It's so beyond La La Land on the left. Facts literally mean nothing to these people.

Its not just the America. Look at the UK. Theres another example. But the aggression and violence is coming not from the far right people as we were always told from history. I dont think there is any far right or even right anymore.

There is something very odd about America. What I mean is that being there seems to somehow change people. One of my friends who here had very strong political beliefs and attitude to the impact on people moved to California ten years ago and his views have radically changed. Flipped really. I dont recognise him at all now. I had always opinions could be changed but not beliefs but he has proven this to be wrong. He is not one to run with the crowd and here would follow his own path with no concerns for the fact he was often totally different to us all. Something has happened to make him do this radical shift.

This removal of middle political views is very strange. The ditherers in the middle, the floating voters have no home any more. Neither party is acceptable. The two parties are now exclusively different. When we had our last change of government nothing really happened because both main parties were often so similar in policy it didn't matter.

What worries me is that America is powerful and what you do affects us all, and your behaviour concerns us. We see some pretty bad behaviour from people currently in charge and people wanting to be in charge. Clearly whoever loses is going to be majorly disruptive. On forums like this one, the rules essentially say "be nice" so it's a shame politicians don't use to same rule.

Jonathan Haidt, US psychologist, talks about how and why US is becoming increasingly polarised.

He notes the difference between mid-twentieth century, where polarisation started accelerating to now where the middle ground is all but invisible.

This video is interesting and informative:

This is exactly what us foreigners see at the moment - two distinctly different groups, each with absolutely solid and evidenced opinion that they are right. We never see this kind of split in our politics. We tend to agree to like 'most' of our selected parties manifesto and strategy. However, we usually agree that our own parties are wrong own many things, just less wrong than the opposition! The US seems now to have a huge chasm down the middle, with people moving away from centre to the extremes.

I wouldn't dream of commenting on specifics because us Brits know little of American politics - hell, I had to Google to find out if Trump was Democrats or Republican!

To the distant observer, the country is disintegrating fast. The stability and respect is declining visibly from outside. That's what we see at a distance. I hope you can sort it.

It's always sorted out. But the liberal side (of which I was till 2014) is beyond insane. They will lose. Because you can't win on lies.

I'm going to use a famous case to explain how our liberal media works (and liberal minds).

The Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case sparked protests all over the country. George Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch "guy". He wanted to be a cop, but wasn't good enough. One night he's driving home and spots a young black boy (Martin) wearing a hoodie, walking slowly in the rain, and checking out cars. There was a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood committed by black youths, so Zimmerman called the non-emergency police and reported what he was seeing. Martin saw Zimmerman and ran off. Zimmerman got out of his car and chased after Martin. A fight ensued, and Zimmerman shot Martin. In Florida, if you fear for your life, you're allowed to defend yourself. The police ruled it at the time a "stand your ground" case and didn't press charges. The Rev Al Sharpton (the worst race baiter, racist) got wind of the case and protests started. Zimmerman was arrested, tried and found not guilty, which sparked more protests.

In 2014, I watched MSNBC (uber-liberal). During commercials, I'd switch over to CNN (liberal). If I wasn't interested in what they were saying, I'd check out Fox (conservative) to see the conservative spin. Fox IMO always left out important "facts" so they could spin the story to how they wanted to show it. Fox OMITS, they don't LIE. One glaring omission was the "fact" George Zimmerman was told to "stay in the car" by the non-emergency receptionist.

Look at this short video on the verdict reaction, the first woman references it and the white woman out right said "He was told to stay in the car".

EVERYONE who watched the news for the MONTHS this was the top story knew this. It was reported on every program for months. THOUSANDS of times. The first words out of Sharpton's mouth after the acquittal was "He was told to stay in the car".

You know who never mentioned it? FOX. They omitted it.

I agree 1000% with the statements made. WHY would someone who wanted to be a police officer blatantly NOT listen to a cop (or receptionist at the police station) telling you to STAY IN YOUR CAR? If Zimmerman did that, if he stayed in his car LIKE HE WAS TOLD, Martin would be alive today. There would have no confrontation that night, and none of this would have happened.

BTW: The Term "Black Lives Matter" was coined for Trayvon Martin, who was a black killed by a white. FORGET the FACT that close to 5000 black men are murdered a year by other black men. ONE black kid killed by a white person is beyond the pale. If you don't see the insanity there... In 2020, 295 people have been murdered in CHICAGO alone. Most of those are black on black murders (gang related). The worst Italian or Irish mobs were never this violent. But one black man killed by a white person is unfathomable. Burn down the city.

OH did anyone forget to mention GEORGE ZIMMERMAN is NOT WHITE. His mother was born in Peru, and he's always identified as Hispanic.

That's the first liberal lie. He's the first hispanic to be given white privilege. But not the biggest in this case.

Here's the full non-emergency phone call Zimmerman made. Listen for the "stay in the car". Listen 1000 times and you won't here it. Because it NEVER HAPPENED.

What happened was about 2:15 you'll hear Zimmerman get out of the car and run (you'll hear the wind) and the person says "are you following him?" Zimmerman replies "Yes" and then he's told "Ok. We don't need you to do that". A few seconds later you'll hear he stops running.

In the most POETIC use of language you can't interpret "We don't need you to do that" to "Stay in the car".

When a liberal points you to a liberal paper or program for "Facts" it's 50% BS. All you have to do is a little research for the facts.
I could go much deeper into this case. This is already too long.

George Floyd case, which is why the US is burning right now. I HAVE NO IDEA what's fact or fiction. I did not have a hard time with the video I saw till he was no longer speaking at all. Completely silent and they remained on top of him. I couldn't understand why. Tthen the ambulance pulled up, and they immediately rose. That's why they stayed on top of him. Whether that's a crime or just a tragedy, I don't know. BUT, two FACTS: the county coroner (the main witness for the prosecution on death) wrote in a memo that "Floyd's lungs were 2 - 3 times heavier (or larger) than they should have been. If he died at home, I'd have ruled this a fentynol overdose. The family's coroner (Michael Biden) is highly respected and said cause of death was from the knee. BUT, Biden DID NOT have the toxicology report, which showed fentynol in Floyd's system. THE BIG FACT: Look at this photo from the Minneapolis POLICE TRAINING MANUAL.

90b05f52-73d2-455e-b7b9-ae3c78f993d3_1920x1080.jpg

To be fair. The cop at points was leaning on Floyd's neck. This officer has his knee over the neck. But the case has to be PROVEN beyond a reasonable doubt.

We will always be divided by our personal bias and preconceived ideas...Trying to change even just one persons mind to "your" way of thinking when they are thinking 180 degrees the opposite of you requires a compelling and convincing argument...on most topics especially politics and religion...there's just way to much wiggle room for that to happen...now that person has a supporter and you don't, twice as hard...that person has 10 people seeing it his way...game over...Reality is what we agree we see....you see it one way, 10 others see it the other way.... even though you are 100% sure you are right and they are delusional...it's you who is the cray cray one...

Never forget I was at a restaurant right after the OJ verdict was announced..Went to use the bathroom and there was this big black dude in there and asked me what I thought....I just shook my head and said man that dude was guilty as hell...he looked at me like I was nuts...you really believe that? Yes I do...he just shook his head like I was some kind of ignorant racist prick.....We all heard the same testimony, saw the same evidence but 180 degrees polarized on the verdict.

We can argue till the cows come home....about OJ, or Trump vs Biden, or The North vs the South, England vs America ...just depends on what side of the fence you feel most comfortable on and then fight till death to defend that position....we are silly little creatures who sure take ourselves seriously....like we are something more than just another few specs of cosmic dust in the endless cosmos...

Just a few gazillion years and this little blue planet will be nothing more than a big ball of ice anyways...enjoy your blink of space and time while you have it...

One of my friends who here had very strong political beliefs and attitude to the impact on people moved to California ten years ago and his views have radically changed.

:laughings:

I've got a buddy that moved out there back in the early 80's...then moved to Arizona for a time back in the late '90's...then back to the east coast (had to give up his biz, so he and his wife came back to where they had some family they could live with)...but then after a few years here getting their finances sorted out, they moved back to CA, pretty much to the same area they were originally in, down south of LA, towards the mountains.
Now they are thinking of moving again in a few years, possibly back to the east, but this time down in South Carolina.

Anyway...he and I are pretty much of the same mindset, more on the conservative side, but not far-right...I mean, we were both pot smoking, long-hairs doing music from way back...:p...but of course, as you grow up, you get a better dose of reality, and you realize that life isn't a fantasy.
Many people, young and old, living in CA...think life IS a fantasy.

So when we talk on the phone, and he's bitching about some far left loons he had to deal with...I always laugh and ask him how can he stand living there. :D

Jonathan Haidt, US psychologist, talks about how and why US is becoming increasingly polarised.

He notes the difference between mid-twentieth century, where polarisation started accelerating to now where the middle ground is all but invisible.

This video is interesting and informative:

Yes...informative...but the narrator definitely had a more favorable slant toward the Dems/Libs in his presentation....plus, I wish it was done more recently, up to now, but it just gets to Obama, and not his full 8 years and Trump.

He shows that the Reps have become increasingly far-right, where they hardly use to be going back 30-40 years or so...but he fails to point out that on the same graph, you can see that the Dems/Libs during that same period up to the Obama years (and certainly beyond), consistently had a substantial far-left block...yet he kinda implies that it's because the Reps went more far-right...THAT is somehow the big cause of party bias we have.

I think it's that consistent far-left push over the last 30-40 years by the Dems/Libs that is responsible for driving the Rep further to the right, and especially since Obama.
It's what I've said to people in these political discussion...it's not that the Reps suddenly went far-right or fell in love with Trump...it's that a break-point of far-left ideology was reached, and the move to the right was the outcome. People didn't want to go far-left...so they pushed more to the right to avoid the direction the Dems were heading in.
IOW...if the Dems hadn't turned so hard toward the far-left ideology in recent years, and especially under Obama...Trump wouldn't have gotten elected...heck, he might now even have gotten nominated in 2016.
Of course...the push to the left is even stronger now...so the right will most likely react in kind...which is what it did...reacted to the endless far-left drive.

It is neither parties fault, and both parties fault. Americans need to work together.

That's a nice sentiment...but not something that's easy to achieve at this point, considering it took 30-40+ years to get here where we are...starting about the time you left the USA....which was the same time I came to the USA.

While you don't have a hard 2-party system in Canada...I don't see that everyone is working together up there either...or in many other parts of the world.
People have developed strong differing views and ideology...and it works it's way heavily into politics, since politics affect all of us, even the people who don't want to bother with politics.

I think there will need to be a real hard falling out...something close to another civil war...and then another 30-40+ years of mending, before things swing in some "work together" mentality. Maybe another outside influence...like what WWII did...to make people quickly come together to fight a common cause...our survival as a nation and as a democracy...but right now, there's too many people internally trying to rip all that apart, with a need to destroy as a form of forced change...which will not work.

Maybe that IS the only path...deepening differences that will lead to one side eventually taking power...though TBH, I'm afraid of the far-left taking complete power, because they depend too much on intolerance, destruction and forced compliance of only their views....very much like what happened in the major communist countries...and look where they all are now.
China is the only one that can claim some sort of prosperity...but most of the people still live poor, and under a dictatorship.

Back