AW16G CD import

bhweb

I see in the manual that a file on a CD can be imported into a "sample bank for pads 1-4". When I do so, the file gets set up in VTR 1-2. However, I do not see a way to get this track into a conventional track 1 and track 2 to start a new project.
Comment is invited.

Check Page 133, right column. You can import a WAV file from CD, or a CD audio file to an audio track.

CD audio data (CD-DA) or a WAV file from a CD-ROM or CD-R can be imported (loaded) into an AW16G audio
track. After being imported, this data can be handled in the same way as any recorded audio track.

1 If you want to import from an audio CD, repeatedly press the Work Navigate section
[UTILITY] key or hold down the [UTILITY] key and use the CURSOR [ ]/[ ] keys to access
the D.IN • HDD page of the UTILITY screen.

Immediately after the AW16G is powered-on, it will be set to prohibit digital recording from an external
source or importing from a CD. Before you can import, you will need to disable this prohibition in
the D.IN - HDD page of the UTILITY screen.

CDIMport1.jpg
2 Move the cursor to the DIGITAL REC button, and press the [ENTER] key.
A message will ask you to confirm that you will observe the applicable copyright laws.

The remaining process continues on pages 134, 135.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will review the pages thoroughly. The terms virtual, pads, sampling, etc. get all rolled into one apparent function. (I did not know that in a sense I have been using virtual tracks all along!).

The AW16G has pads where you can assign sounds, usually something like a drum or effect. The idea is that you can "play the pads" to add sounds. For example, you could sample a cowbell, and use the pad to create the opening to Honky Tonk Women by tapping the pad.

The audio tracks are the things that hold your various tracks of the song, just as you would have on a regular tape machine.

Virtual tracks are basically alternate takes of the original track. You have have multiple takes for something like a vocal track, then decide which of the 8 attempts is the best. You don't have to erase the original to make a second try. That's really handy when you're trying different things. You can have 8 different versions of a track.

Back